Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311086 - 04/05/07 11:23 AM Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's some work i've been doing on my X for the last week or so.

Here it is before amps and wiring

And After

#311087 - 05/05/07 01:58 AM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

slick [ThumbsUp]

#311088 - 05/05/07 11:10 AM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOuld have mounted the amps on the otherside with the heatsinks facing down, but purely for ventilation purposes. But still looks good.

#311089 - 05/05/07 07:40 PM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Looks good.. [ThumbsUp]

#311090 - 07/05/07 06:29 AM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the comments, It's taken about 7 days work to design and build this in my after-work hours including all the stereo wiring and such.

I put spacers between the cargo hooks and the roof so There's about an inch or two above the amps. they should get ok air flow. If not i can always pull it off the roof and flip it. It's being held by U-bolts in the front, and caribeaners in the rear.

It was quite a bit of a pain to make. all the copper pipe fittings needed to be drilled out so the tubing would slide through. All in all, i ended up spending about 150$ to make the whole rack, mistakes and all in the design process.

Not quite as cost effective as the original Lobo, but if done right, it will hold ALOT more weight. Not to mention the rugged tubular look is carried in from the roof rack.

I Clearcoated the Copper pieces after they were polished, but if anyone wants to try this, you can paint them to match.

#311091 - 07/05/07 06:41 AM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pardon that some of the wires are still hanging/cluttered in that picture. I still have 3 more sets of mids and highs to run wire for that i havn't installed yet so they're just hanging out for now untill i can get them in.

After taking so long working on it, i'm ready for a [Sleep]

#311092 - 11/05/07 10:39 PM Re: Lobo Style Amplifier Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by miskywhisky:
WOuld have mounted the amps on the otherside with the heatsinks facing down, but purely for ventilation purposes. But still looks good.
The way the amps are designed, I think the OP did it the right way... the heat sinks are on top and meant to carry the heat away from the circuit boards inside the amp. flipping them would put the circuit boards right in harms way and would not be an efficient way of dissapating heat.

Good job on this install! Great idea!!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal