2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302210 - 13/05/07 06:31 PM HO alternator
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need an alternator with 225+ amps. i searched and found someone recommending powermaxx but when i tried their site i couldnt find any info. I think i checked mean green and didnt see anything with the power i needed. Any suggestions on brands or alternatives?

#302211 - 13/05/07 06:50 PM Re: HO alternator
Anonymous
Unregistered

you probably wont find an off the shelf HO alt for the xterra beyond what you have already found. the mean green is one of the only ones i was aware of.

there are companies that make custom alternators tho. ohio generator, iraggi, alterstart, stinger, etc. but they arent cheap. it would be easier to find a GM 1 wire alternator and switch to that. they can be found up to 300 amp pretty easily. you would have to fab up your own bracket tho.

and a little tip, call them. all of these companies can do a lot more than what is on their website. talking to people will get better results than sending emails and clicking links.

#302212 - 14/05/07 07:57 PM Re: HO alternator
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks. i couldnt find on mean greens site what their alt puts out. anyone know? GM 1 wire? could u point me in the direction of where to look for one of those? greatly appreciated and last thing, im not skilled enough to be fabbing my own brackets and such so what kind of shop would i go to?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal