2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310787 - 12/06/07 10:32 PM 55W Fogs hooked up to factory Fog switch problem...HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife said "don't do it, your going to F&@% it up"...I said "relax it's easy"

I installed Hella 500 (55 watt) fogs to the new ARB bumper. After removing the stock coupler from the stock fog lights I spliced them to the Hellas since the stock were 55 watts as well... and thought to myself..wow that was easy!

BEFORE TESTING THEM!!!

The issue is that now the Hellas turn on when the parking lights are turned on; however, will not shut off when I turn the stock fog light switch (on the tree) to the off position and they do not shut off when the high beam are on.

I checked the fuses and they are good...I do not know how to check a relay??? (or if that is even possible) I am at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I hate the "I told you so" and wish to avoid the pain and suffering that accompanies a wife that exercises superior forsight, judgment and candor! [Argue]

Thanks [drink] [drink] [drink]

#310788 - 12/06/07 10:55 PM Re: 55W Fogs hooked up to factory Fog switch problem...HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am willing to bet you wired them into the old yellow side driving lights on the side of the old bumper and not the fog light wiring.

#310789 - 13/06/07 05:28 AM Re: 55W Fogs hooked up to factory Fog switch problem...HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
I am willing to bet you wired them into the old yellow side driving lights on the side of the old bumper and not the fog light wiring.
Agreed. Double check the wiring. The fogs on an '03 are 55W and so are the Hella's, so there shouldn't be a problem with the stock relay or the wiring not handling the "new" lights properly. It sounds more like you've got the wrong wires.

-G

#310790 - 13/06/07 07:55 PM Re: 55W Fogs hooked up to factory Fog switch problem...HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW, You gents put me on the straight and narrow!

That was exactly what I had done...No humble pie for me when the wifes gets home.

Thank you for your assistance! A round of Budweisers (bare knuck Stout in this case) on the me!

[drink] [drink] [drink] [drink] [drink]

#310791 - 14/06/07 12:19 AM Re: 55W Fogs hooked up to factory Fog switch problem...HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtmbj1:

A round of Budweisers (bare knuck Stout in this case) on the me!

[drink] [drink] [drink] [drink] [drink]
ppl actually drink budweisers? i thought that was a myth. j/k
[Finger]

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal