2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#289262 - 24/06/07 09:37 PM iPod interface
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I've searched and have found no recent post concerning ipod inputs. I have an aftermarket Panasonid HU in my daughters 2000 X. I't doesn't have any aux inputs other than the inputs for the optional cd changer. It looks like an FM Modualtor is my only option. What's the best sounding FM Modulator you guys have used?

#289263 - 25/06/07 09:38 AM Re: iPod interface
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey..DO NOT get an FM modulator..they suck..i work for radioshack and i tell people this all the time. You have to change stations all the time and your driving so u dont want to do that. the best bet would be to go to circuit city or best buy and look for a mod to make ur aftermarket HU work for an ipod..or if u have a cassette deck use one of those adapters to plug into the ipod..just try and stay away from FM.

#289264 - 25/06/07 12:15 PM Re: iPod interface
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmph! I use an FM modulator (since it's my only choice with an '03 SE with R/F head unit short of replacing the H/U). I don't have much trouble with it at all! Granted it's not as good as a direct connection, but it's certainly usable, at least for me anyway. BTW - I believe it's a Monster Cable FM modulator. I'll double check and revise if I'm wrong. It has three buttons to change the channel if needed and you can program which freq's to assign to which buttons.

-G

#289265 - 27/06/07 09:10 AM Re: iPod interface
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently bought a Griffin 9501-TRIPCB iTrip for about $30. It's better than the radio, but I'd love to have an aux jack. I have a 2002 with original radio/6 CD changer. Do I have any other options, or do I have to get an aftermarket CD player to have an aux jack? I don't feel like I've wasted $30 since it's a charger, too.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal