Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#297253 - 11/07/07 01:12 PM Finally Got It All In
Anonymous
Unregistered

finally got my navigation and CB mounted inside the truck!! Two things I found out while doing all this...

1) NO DASH KIT NEEDED (freaking waste of time and money)

2) The VSS sensor hook-up is a piece of cake when using the number 6 slot on the guage harness.

I will elaborate on both.

1) I bought three seperate dash kits that I figured would be needed. I metra kit, a AI kit and a third that was a generic one. All I needed in actuality was the 2 metal brakets off the factory radio and the screws supplied with the radio and CB.

2) After a long search for a viable VSS signal and not finding it I search the boards. After a long search someone talked about the #6 port on the dash cluster harness. Well it works and works flawlessly. If you look at the harness with the wires running away from you the #6 slot is on the upper row left side. Just count from the left. Its an open slot on nonRF equiped trucks or a blue/white wire on the RF trucks. In my case non RF I just trimmed back enough wire to push it all the way into the slot and just tappeed it to the surrounding wire to hold it in place.

Now to just SWR the damn antenne and get some reception [LOL]

#297254 - 11/07/07 01:35 PM Re: Finally Got It All In
Anonymous
Unregistered

photos?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal