2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#305239 - 20/12/07 06:09 PM 02 headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

My driver side head light went out a few weeks ago and i just bought replacement bulbs. When i put them in and tested them, the driver side one still didn't work. I did every configuration with all four bulbs and it still didn't work. I checked the fuses and they were both fine. What could be wrong?? Please help!!

#305240 - 20/12/07 09:38 PM Re: 02 headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I'm sure you swapped a known good bulb to the side that didn't work and checked the suspect bulb in the side that did work.

If you have access to a multimeter and know how to use one check for voltage at the plug where the bulb goes in with the lights on. Check for ground as well...lights on not needed. IF you are missing either of them, light no worky.

Also look at the plug/socket where the bulb plugs in. Corrosion in the socket could kill the light. Also look at the wires going into the plug. Make sure they are connected securely. Give em a tug where the wires go into the socket. If that fails, maybe a trip to the dealer.

#305241 - 23/12/07 10:46 PM Re: 02 headlights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that I heard once that the owners manual doesn't match the actual bulb that you have to replace it with. don't quote me on this though....

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal