2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678144 - 18/03/12 09:30 AM Custom Light stuff
Snopczynski Offline

Loc: Washington
I searched around in here for about 45 minutes and haven't seen anything definitive yet. I have a 2012 PRO-4X, and I am going to add some lights onto it. I am hooked up with vision x, and will be putting on solstice reverse lights, and a Xmitter Prime Xtreme LED light bar in the front or up top. (gotta think something up)

I have the factory roof mounted lights, and plan on messing with the switch to make it so the roof lights come on whenever I have the key on, and the switch on. I will also hook the light bar up to this switch.

I also bought an extra switch, and I am going to hook it up to my rear lights so they come on whenever I press the switch, and when I am in reverse. Anyone messed with the switches to do this yet? Anyone know how the switch activates? It looks like from what I have seen so far, the switch is ground armed from the BCM when the brights are on. Some diodes, and new wiring ought to make this thing do what I want.

I am also going to wire this thing up so the fog lights stay on with the highbeams.

Any help is appreciated. Links to known threads on here, or knowledge is much appreciated.

Here is some pics of light mounts, LED Lights, and LED bars I have mounted on ATV's so far.

#678148 - 19/03/12 12:00 PM Re: Custom Light stuff [Re: Snopczynski]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/xterra/2010/

Try the above to get the wiring diagrams you need.

It includes all of the FSM sections, but the pdf's for the exterior lighting, and the Can system should help most.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#678157 - 20/03/12 08:37 AM Re: Custom Light stuff [Re: TJ]
Snopczynski Offline

Loc: Washington
What section is lighting in?

#678159 - 20/03/12 05:05 PM Re: Custom Light stuff [Re: Snopczynski]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Snopczynski
What section is lighting in?

its sort of in a few, which is why I gave you all of them.

laugh

The can system (Can-bus) has a lot going on, as if the harness sends the ECU any info that there's less, or more current, it assumes a bulb blew (Led draws less than OEM bulb for example), or that there's a short (Extra current being drawn), and so forth.

The electrical system on the whole is in at least THREE sections.

You may need to use all of them by the time you're done chasing it all down.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal