Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293644 - 16/05/01 02:32 PM Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
satrider Offline

Loc: South FL
Need color codes for wires coming out of the factory 2001 SE stereo (in-dash 6 disk changer) and color coding on the speakers as far as "Front right +" and "front right -" and so on. I'm going to be upgrading my speakers and putting an amp in so I'll need to know so I don't get any phase problems.
Also do the Nissan factory wiring to the speakers have special plugs? What should I be prepared for if using the factory speaker wires?

------------------

#293645 - 16/05/01 03:43 PM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
miket Offline

Loc: big island, hi
I had the front door panels off and was shocked and dismayed to discover that there is a special connector on the speaker. I'm assuming the ones in back are the same.

If you're going to upgrade the speakers, you'll probably have to cut the wires and crimp on a connector to fit the new speaker.

Can't tell you about the color coding of the wires. Possibly you could pull the door panels and look at the wires at the speakers to see if they're different. Otherwise you could just look for where they're routed and figure it out from there. I think the +/- is labeled on the speaker.

As for adding an amp: if you want to still run the stock head unit, you'll need to an amp that takes speaker level inputs, or an adapter to knock them down to pre-amp output levels.

good luck,
mikeT

p.s. be very gentle when removing the door panels. I broke a few of the snap rivets when I was fiddling with mine. They break pretty easily (compared to my VW).

------------------
2001 SE 4X4
Rain+Dirt!

#293646 - 16/05/01 03:55 PM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
For an audio system wiring diagram, see here: http://xterrafirma.com/pictures/speakers.gif

So there. Nyah!

------------------
01 SE 6cyl 5spd Solar Yellow

[This message has been edited by BoarderPhreak (edited 05-17-2001).]

#293647 - 16/05/01 06:44 PM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
gearhead1972 Offline

Loc: Brewster NY
Just send an e-mail here sales@crutchfield.com they will be able to send you the right connectors for the speakers and head unit

------------------
Kevin
00' Super Black SE 5 speed
superblackxterra.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by gearhead1972 (edited 05-16-2001).]

#293648 - 16/05/01 07:18 PM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
satrider Offline

Loc: South FL
Boarderfreak you are great!!! thanks for the diagram, that is perfect. Where did you get that? It is exactly what I wanted. I love this forum and all you great people. It is great seing each of us help each other out. Truly gives a feeling of comunity and friendship among people with common interest. I think we should all give each other a internet clap and a pat on the back. Also a slap on the head to Nissan for making things tough for us by putting in stupid plugs on speaker cables and stock deluxe systems that aren't so deluxe or all that premium.

------------------

#293649 - 17/05/01 11:11 AM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
BP, you better link to that image rather than inlining it, Ian will nuke it for copyright issues otherwise. I should know, I posted images from the ESM earlier and that's what happened to me.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#293650 - 17/05/01 11:27 AM Re: Anyone have a wire color code for Factory speakers connections
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
No problem, satrider. Glad to be of help!

Brent - handled!

------------------
01 SE 6cyl 5spd Solar Yellow

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal