I have an 2002 Xterra whioch came with no fog lights. I ordered some OEM replacement fog lamps, a relay and the switch from xterra parts http://www.xterraparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=999KT-FLSWH

Since my X was pre-wired for fog lamps, I thought this was going to be easy...apparently not!

I have a clugy setup going right now after I managed to blow out a couple of fuses. If anyone can help me now would be a good time. And yes I have read through all the posts related to fog lamps.

The setup:

- connected the red/black to rocker switch pin 1
- connected red/green to rocker switch pin 2

Questions:

1. Where do I connect the ping 4 (green) to get the switch to actually light up when the lights are turned on? I used a fuse jumper and tried a few places but no luck.

2. The fog lights work as factory spec-ed i.e. are only on when switch is on and lights are on low beam. Question: Which fog cable (red/green or red/black) should I connect to what cable of of which harness to have the fogs work whenever I want (i.e. fog switch is on and h/lights are on park, low or high to work; lights off fogs off)

The only places on my X that I have red/blue or purple cable is on the 4 pin connector and when I tried the purple the right h/light stayed on. When I tried the red/blue, I blew 3 fuses.

Please help!!!! Remember it's a 2002 and I don't have a purple or red/blue on the 8 pin connector.

Thanks.