I'm looking for some responses to some questions I have. I want to add a subwoofer to my 2004 X (stock XE), but I don't want to lose "trunk" space. I've done some research in this forum and other websites. I'm not looking for window-rattling bass, but something to sound good when I crank up my music (ranges from rap to hip-hop to classical).

I'ver read a lot of good things about the Infinity Basslink T (like the Basslink but with a lower profile) and the Kenwood wOOx. I like them because I think I can somehow mod/mount them where one of my rear speakers would be. Am I foolish to think this is possible? The unit would be somewhat flush and hopefully cover where the 6x9 speaker was thus saving my trunk space and wiring would be relatively easy since the Infinity and the Kenwood are combo amp/subwoofer products.

From my research, I could use the existing speaker wires and connect it as a high level input? I would then need to run power to the battery and splice into another ACC wire. I hope I'm getting this terminology right because this would be the first time I'm attempting to install something other than a head unit or speakers. Am I over-simplifying the whole process?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.