Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57563 - 15/11/02 06:31 PM Raingler X-Net
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Does anybody have one of these on their X? I want to be able to through things up there. Mainly wet fishin gear after a hard day on the river. I was contemplating getting an Load Warrior or something similar, but then again I just put on a lift and tires and my gas mileage pretty much sucks ass, so I don't want to add much more weight.

#57564 - 15/11/02 06:34 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
Harrison Offline

Loc: Fort Worth/ Lubbock, Texas
try the search feture it has been discusted ALOT and there are many pictures.

Harrison

#57565 - 15/11/02 06:48 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
any added wind noise or know of how they would fit around a set of yakima big powderhound ski racks

#57566 - 15/11/02 08:06 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
I have all of the Raingler nets installed on my X. The roof net is great because it is low profile. You can't put a whole lot of weight on it but it works great for duffel bags, small ice chests or trash you haul out of your campsite. The interior net is the greatest for storing those small items you always have in the truck (towstrap, rain coat, etc.). cool

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#57567 - 16/11/02 04:30 AM Re: Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
The Raingler Exterior X-Net has changed from the pictures posted around here and in the ads for Raingler. Those pictures are the prototype. The new one has a 5x5 pattern instead of the 6x6 pattern. So once installed, there is about a 6" gab along one side of the tube. Also the cross tubes have to be slightly closer to work without the gap. To see what it looks like, go to Raingler's web site and look at the pictures for the Exterior X-Net on the Frontier. That is the one you get, not the one pictured on the Xterra. It still works though, but not as tight looking and you loose some net area.

#57568 - 16/11/02 07:24 AM Re: Raingler X-Net
RS Offline

Loc: Lincoln, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
I want to be able to through things up there. Mainly wet fishin gear after a hard day on the river.
Why not just use the cargo basket and cover net? I assume you're talking about wet and muddy waders and such. For rods, I use spring loaded broom clips mounted under the Sgt Lobo shelf mod.

#57569 - 16/11/02 01:53 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
here is a pic of mine. yes its the prototype, so the one you buy would look a little different. it should look like the one on the frontier in on there website.

but i guess it really doesnt help you to post the same pic they have on the raingler website. there is another pic on my profile.

#57570 - 17/11/02 01:17 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Chucka, What did you do with the extra strap for each buckle? I can see from the picture that you looped it back over the top of the buckle and then down. But where to from there? Mine had so much extra strap, that I have had to twist it through the circle ring a couple times and then back through the buckle again.

#57571 - 17/11/02 02:12 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Here are some pictures of the install of the 5x5 that they have now versus the prototype that Chucka has.

#57572 - 17/11/02 09:35 PM Re: Raingler X-Net
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
i guess the prototype didnt have long straps. each one was about 3-4 inches long after i tightened them. made it easy to hide.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal