2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67880 - 13/06/03 03:22 PM Roof Rack Mounted Cargo Box Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I searched but didn't find anything on this one - I'm considering a roof rack mounted cargo box for occasional use. It has to be easy to put on and take off but other than that I'm pretty open.

Anyone have one, have advice against one, or have a better option? I want to add weatherproof cargo storage for trips. Pictures of those that you like would be helpful too.

Thanks

#67881 - 13/06/03 03:27 PM Re: Roof Rack Mounted Cargo Box Questions
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
personaly im still waiting for a company to make a locking box version of the gear basket...

basicly just replace the basket with a box that has a locking lid... would be sweet

#67882 - 13/06/03 06:44 PM Re: Roof Rack Mounted Cargo Box Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm thinking of a hard sided case of some sort - but even a basket like the stock one except made for the rear section of the rack would be useful and look stock at the same time. That's probably a million dollar idea but I wouldn't know what to do with a million dollars anyway right???

I was also thinking about applying some form of body moulding to the raised sections of the roof inside the rack so that at least I could lay stuff directly on the roof and strap it down without scuffing through the paint.

I'll probably end up going with a safari rack of some kind but the easy on / easy off enclosed case is really more what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

#67883 - 13/06/03 08:56 PM Re: Roof Rack Mounted Cargo Box Questions
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Hey YellowSCX, did I see you crossing cty rd 5 at @ 4:30pmtoday?

You can get a roof protecter rubber strip kit like this:

Click here for link.

I bought this for my truck, I have a soft cargo carrier that I use when we head to the cabin or go camping.

Xterraparts.com is great to deal with, and they help support the board!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal