Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#90144 - 15/09/03 12:03 PM herculiner bed liner
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
yo,
i am thinking of painting the lower quarter of the x with the herculiner bedliner, getting a lot of scratches and chips and i don't want to go back to running mudflaps, eventhough they did help out. i have seen where others have done this and i think it looks as functional as it does attractive. i am cogitating taking up to the hump in the doors and possibly the wheel wells.
my question: is herculiner the best out there for the do-it-yourselfer? i don't want to pay for line-x or rhino lining, and i haven't ever heard of people using the new rust-oleum kind, so i was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to offer some advice or experience.
thanks.
david [Geek]

#90145 - 15/09/03 03:37 PM Re: herculiner bed liner
CDLXterra Offline

Loc: Oregon
i just helped my friend do the whole interior of his jeep. He took out all the carpeting and we put that stuff in. It wasn't too hard and i think it looks pretty good.

#90146 - 15/09/03 04:52 PM Re: herculiner bed liner
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
we used rustoleum's road warrior. it has been extremely durable. however, it, like all of the epoxy aplications, will grey out from uv exposure. we recently applied herculiner's uv protection and hope to keep it black.

the road warrior application was weekend project:
- friday night dissassemble: about 2 hours
- saturday am, clean, clean, and more cleaning along with roughing the smooth plastic parts: about 3 hours
- mid saturday tape and apply: about 1 hour
- mid sunday reassemble: about 2 hours

have a look...

#90147 - 15/09/03 05:27 PM Re: herculiner bed liner
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
yeah man,
that's kinda what i wanted to do, just not up that high, only to the bump in the doors. i also wasn't going to do the plastic trim because i think i kinda dig the gray look.
i must give props to your job though, you took the time and did it right. it looks pretty freakin' good and i hope it was worth all of the work you put into it.
david [Geek]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal