Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70582 - 26/09/03 12:26 PM What mod's have you guys done..... that...
stosh Offline

Loc: Pine Bush NY
You feel were worth every penny and every second it took to do.

Summer is over so I'm done riding my bike and spending money on it so now it's time to move into the garage and spend some time on my X.
I'm just looking for some ideas. Oh and it's Friday and I'm bored at work. smile

#70583 - 26/09/03 12:51 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
BFG AT's - Approx $520 for a full set.

#70584 - 26/09/03 01:06 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Okay, I'm sort of bored too so I'll mention a few. Now remember, my X is only a 4x2, so my mods are mainly cosmetic. Anyway, I have the Sgt. Lobo shelf mod that's probably my favorite, CB and antenna install using an ARB mount on my rack, cell phone/GPS/CB mic holders in various places, removed my mud flaps and step rails (no money cost there), bought 31x10.50x15 tires, rubber stubby antenna (another favorite as weird as it sounds), cheapy off road lights I bolted on my bumper (mainly for night fishing and kayaking purposes), pocket mod (cheap mini-mod that's pretty functional using pockets I've cut out of old cargo shorts), red map lights (for work purposes at night so I'm not blinded by the super bright regular map lights), AA maglite holder, visor organizer (just a cheap something to hold documents, air gauge, and other small things), Rubbermaid cargo box (not considered a mod, but it was cheap and it has saved my cargo area more than once), roof top cargo bag (again, not a mod, but something I keep in my cargo area that has made life easier), and that's about it. Looking at getting other sort of unimportant things like a marine gas tank to put in my gear basket, Thor mod, DVD player and monitor for my kids during long trips, and who knows what else. If my X was 4WD, I would focus more on performance mods, however considering I mainly stay on pavement about 90% of the time, I thought I would stick with things that would benefit me personally.
Of course, I have a LOT of little things I keep in my X too that aren't considered mods, but more like "just encase/incase/in-case" items and camping gear.

#70585 - 26/09/03 01:08 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Rocksliders..

Bumper and winch..

gears..

tires.. lift.. bla bla bla

#70586 - 26/09/03 01:24 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Definitely the sliders and skids and lift, to get me above trouble and help protect me if I don't get above it.

Tires have helped out as well. Yep....the winch has been a saviour a few times. Wanna try out the locker a few times more before I comment on it's usefulness (but I think it may a worthwhile mod).

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#70587 - 26/09/03 01:38 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
6 Disk Eclipse in-dash c/d changer
Boston Rally Speakers
JL Audio Sub
Ecliplse Amps
Dynomat Doors

K&N Filter
Custom exhaust/Dynomax muffler

Katzskin interior W/Seat foam upgrade

Calmini Roof Rack W/PIAA lights

AC Pre-runner bumper thingy with Hella Lights

Bilstein 5100 shocks
SLR Upper controll arms
Sway-a-way torsion bars
SLR 3-pack Add-A-leaf (took out one and still need to put it back in)
SLR steering Stabalizer
SLR Steering System
Henneman Fiberglass Fenders

MB motoring By Ultra Wheels (4.25 in backspacing)
Bridgestone Deuller A/T Revos 265/75/16 (32")

So you can see , it's still pretty much stock. laugh

I love my truck. I'm totally cozy inside It sounds cool and I think it looks pretty damn cool too. It does everything I ask of it , and I've asked a lot. Every dime I've spent on it is well worth it in my opinion.

That is untill the day comes that I want to sell it and don't recoup a damn thing.

#70588 - 26/09/03 03:24 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
OK, on my 2000 4x2 Xterra most of the mods were cosmetic/poser. Now that I have my spanky new 2003 Super Charged 4x4 SE which is of course the best Xterra color (Solar Yellow for those who think different) I'm going to concentrate on more useful/functional mods. So far I have installed a Safari Basket, Class 3 Receiver with a Hitch Haul Carrier, HKS Intake, Cat-Back Exhaust System, and 4 roof mounted Hella 500's(in-progress)
My wish list includes See Thru Wind Deflector, Shelf Mod (Sgt Lobo?) 3 Inch Body Lift Rear Air Ride Suspension for when I am using the Hitch Haul, Rock Sliders, Better Tires. Bla Bla Bla Etc. Etc. Etc. and whatever else I feel I can't live without.

Chaney

#70589 - 26/09/03 04:14 PM Re: What mod's have you guys done..... that...
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Instead of listing $12,000 in stuff, I'll keep it simple.

Bilstien shocks

BFG M/T's

Those two things you will get the most daily use out of! Most everything else is "window dressing" until you use it!

-Rick

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal