2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54086 - 05/10/03 06:58 AM Glare Problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, so now that i have my PIAA's installed on my rack and wired up and everything in working condition, i've ran into a new problem. The lights are so bright and put off so much light that they cause an unbearable glare on the window from the dash. Its almost impossible to see out at night when they're on. The calmini rack i have on there sticks off the front a good ways, so i'm wondering if thats the problem. the lights are actually right above the windshield. I'm wondering if they make shields to go under the lights or something else to minimized this glare. If anybody has any suggestions, please help me out here. Thanks, Richard

#54087 - 05/10/03 07:56 AM Re: Glare Problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What kind of lights are they? Daytime or fog? Daytime would have a spotlight effect while fog would make the beam expand. If they are fogs, they need to be in the front and low. High lights in the fogs aren't that good anyway. I think if you move them back further on the roofor fabricate a shield you'll be good. I don't know of anyone that makes a shield, but you could check with PIAA, IPF, Hella, etc.

#54088 - 05/10/03 05:48 PM Re: Glare Problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

the lights i got are the driving beam. they aren't the fog beam. i'm gonna check around and see if PIAA makes anything to remedy the problem, and if not, i'm a CNC machinist, so i can prob whip something up to make them work.

#54089 - 05/10/03 05:59 PM Re: Glare Problems?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Driving beams are still as wide as a fog beam. If you're mounting something on the roof, they should be long range spot or pencil beams.

PIAA probably won't have anything, since the lights you have are designed to be mounted at bumper height.

#54090 - 05/10/03 06:21 PM Re: Glare Problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well that sucks. i really like the amount of light put off by the driving beam. guess i'll start looking into making something of my own to fix the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal