Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68815 - 26/12/03 09:23 AM Steel Bumpers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all, I am new to the Xterra world and was looking for a new bumper front and back. I just bought a used 2000 Xterra for Xmas. Anyways, I am not much of an off roader but I do like beefing up four wheel drive trucks and SUV's. I know, call me poseur, ricer, or wanna be wheeler but one day I will hit the trails and my Xterra will be prepared.
I am looking for a steel bumper with just a grill bar tube that protects just the center of the grill area. Looking for a front bumper that can have a winch mounted within it. I am also looking for a steel bumper for the rear that may have welded hooks or loops for pulling. I was just browsing through the forum before I decided to ask my first question and I noticed an Xterra in the pictures forum section where the Xterra had a steel bumper in the rear but it also came up a little on the ends as if it were protecting the rear lights.
Any suggestions on where to shop around online for steel front and rear bumpers at good prices.
As long as I am asking about parts, what kind of wheels does everyone have as far as wheel size, wheel brand, tire size and tire brand? Do you prefer an AT or an MT tread design?

#68816 - 26/12/03 09:31 AM Re: Steel Bumpers
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Legitimate questions for a newbie. Try searching instead of browsing though and you will find a ton of info on both subjects. Search the Parts and Accessories or 4WD forums about bumpers and the Tire, wheels and Brakes forum about tires. The results should keep you busy for awhile. For the record I have the Calmini front bumper and BFG AT/KO's for tires. Very happy with both.

Welcome aboard...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal