2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76066 - 27/12/03 05:25 AM Weather tech question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do the weather tech window vent prevent the window operation in any way? They mount inot the actual window channel so i was curious if this inhibited the performance of the window going all the way up or not.
Thanks
Jay

#76067 - 27/12/03 06:27 AM Re: Weather tech question
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
being that the window vents only touch the glass when it closes, the interference should be minimal. after the glass lowers from the 1/2 inch section inside the window channel, there shouldn't be any contact w/ the visors at all. long story short, the interference (if any) probably wouldn't be noticable.

this is theoretical of course being that i don't have them. i just ordered the recently re-comissioned visors from nissan, but those use adhesive and are outside the channel.

#76068 - 27/12/03 06:43 AM Re: Weather tech question
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by putzee52:
Do the weather tech window vent prevent the window operation in any way? They mount inot the actual window channel so i was curious if this inhibited the performance of the window going all the way up or not.
Thanks
Jay
I have these on my X...they DO NOT bother the Window Operation in any way...once you put them on...the instructions advise you to raise and lower the windows about 5 times so the Visors could go into the window channels alot easier...they are actually very nice and are better than the Nissan ones...I had a pair of the Nissan Visors on my old X I had, and didn't quite like them...the Weather Tech's install in less than 5 minutes...very easy..

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#76069 - 27/12/03 01:58 PM Re: Weather tech question
cygnus67 Offline

Loc: Southern NJ
I've had them since I got my truck in '00 and LOVE 'em. They have a sleeker profile than any others I've seen. The nice thing about the way they install is you can remove them at will. I've had occasion to take them out to wash the sand / grit off of them. You'll know when it's time to do that.

#76070 - 27/12/03 11:55 PM Re: Weather tech question
couchpotato Offline

Loc: washington state
I know I will probably get a couple of do a search replies, but for you helpful people out there who has the best price on weather techs?
-Rob

#76071 - 28/12/03 05:43 AM Re: Weather tech question
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
I have had them on for over two years. Great accessory. Highly recommended.

Toy Man

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal