Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71323 - 08/01/04 12:37 PM Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

All right guys, I'm getting the Wet Okole Seat Covers in February and need some advice. I have an Orange Xterra, primarily chosen for my love of the Virginia Tech Hokies. I'm requesting a swatch of their Orange color to see how close it matches. I even thought about getting the Wine color, since it looks like Maroon.

Am I better off getting Black on the outside with just either Lt. Gray or Black Hibiscus down the middle? I don't want to look tacky or retarded.

Any advice and comments are welcome.

#71324 - 08/01/04 01:04 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I would go with just the Lt grey if you can't get Atomic Orange to match it. I have the yellow ones and Wet Okole matched it.

-Rick

#71325 - 08/01/04 01:40 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't have a good answer for you, I just wanted to say GO HOKIES! I live and work in Blacksburg. Good luck with your decision

#71326 - 08/01/04 02:24 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by HOKIEX:
I have an Orange Xterra, primarily chosen for my love of the Virginia Tech Hokies.
I will never understand why people get so infatuated with “their team” that they buy vehicles in colors to match them…

Quote:
I'm requesting a swatch of their Orange color to see how close it matches. I even thought about getting the Wine color, since it looks like Maroon.
They are quick with those swatch requests! I had mine in less than 4 days. I requested wine and charcoal.

Quote:
Am I better off getting Black on the outside with just either Lt. Gray or Black Hibiscus down the middle? I don't want to look tacky or retarded.
You are driving an orange vehicle and worrying about your seat covers looking tacky?

I’d go with charcoal and black. It would match the XE interior nicely assuming you have a dusk and not sage. Orange covers would be way to much.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#71327 - 08/01/04 02:32 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

You asked THIS group about being/looking retarded or tacky?

Like to live dangerously huh? Take all of the fashion advice and then do exactly the opposite of the recommendations!

[Wave] [Wave] JOKING!!!! [Wave] [Wave]

#71328 - 08/01/04 02:47 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
If I were you I'd go all black with orange piping. Having the interior the same color as the Xterrior with a color like orange is just way [Rainbow] IMO. You can do it with colors that aren't bright, but orange, yellow, red, etc. looks really bad.

#71329 - 08/01/04 04:54 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

The orange X's are a great color!! I've always loved orange, one of my favorite colors. if they can match the color well, I'd go for it. I'll be doing the same thing within a couple months. My X is Granite, I'm gonna go w/ black down the middle and red on the outside. I'm hoping they'll make me a custom arm rest cover.

#71330 - 08/01/04 05:10 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
What's a Hokie anyways?

I had friends at the Insight Bowl - probably the best bowl game this year. It had everything, except defense [Freak] .

Go Cal Bears!

#71331 - 08/01/04 05:57 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
I will never understand why people get so infatuated with “their team” that they buy vehicles in colors to match them…
....or people obsessed with naming their vehicle.... :rolleyes: [Wave]

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
What's a Hokie anyways?
A purple turkey! [Wave]

BRX

#71332 - 08/01/04 09:11 PM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
All right guys, I'm getting the Wet Okole Seat Covers in February and need some advice. I have an Orange Xterra, primarily chosen for my love of the Virginia Tech Hokies. I'm requesting a swatch of their Orange color to see how close it matches. I even thought about getting the Wine color, since it looks like Maroon.

Any advice and comments are welcome.
I think Orange is a great color, especially the orange XTerras. If they can match the color I'd definitely go for your design. I'm planning on the same thing soon, only I'll have red/out and black or dark grey in.

#71333 - 09/01/04 07:20 AM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I had friends at the Insight Bowl - probably the best bowl game this year. It had everything, except defense.

Go Cal Bears!
Definitely a great game. If only Tech had a field goal kicker :rolleyes: Congrats on the win.
Quote:
Originally posted by MadSc1ntst:
I don't have a good answer for you, I just wanted to say GO HOKIES! I live and work in Blacksburg. Good luck with your decision
Thanks. Blacksburg is a great place. I came down for most of the games this past fall. Season Tickets laugh
Quote:
What's a Hokie anyways?
Little FYI for those interested...
http://www.hokiesports.com/whatsahokie.html

WHAT'S A HOKIE?
The answer leads all the way back to 1896 when Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College changed its name to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. With the change came the necessity for writing a new cheer and a contest for such a purpose was held by the student body.
Senior O.M. Stull won first prize for his "Hokie" yell which is still used today. Later, when asked if "Hokie" had any special meaning, Stull explained the word was solely the product of his imagination and was used only as an attention-getter for his yell. It soon became a nickname for all Tech teams and for those people loyal to Tech athletics.

The official university school colors - Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange - also were introduced in 1896. The colors were chosen by a committee because they made a 'unique combination' not worn elsewhere at the time.
The official definition of "hokie" is "a loyal Virginia Tech Fan".

#71334 - 09/01/04 07:28 AM Re: Wet Okole Color Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back to the Seat Covers.
Quote:
I’d go with charcoal and black. It would match the XE interior nicely assuming you have a dusk and not sage.
I do have the Dusk/Gray Interior. I'll have to get swatches for Lt. Gray and Charcoal to see which goes better.
Quote:
They are quick with those swatch requests! I had mine in less than 4 days. I requested wine and charcoal.
They sure are. I got a wine swatch, to see how close to Maroon it was, and it's not going to work. Looks more purple than Maroon. A lot of people are telling me "no way" on the Wine.

I'll also get a swatch of Orange just to see if it matches. I might even call them and see if they have anything close to the Nissan Atomic Orange. I've seen some Yellow X's with the Yellow/Black Okole's and they look nice.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal