2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82221 - 05/05/04 10:54 AM Are the factory spark plug wires NGK?
cygnus67 Offline

Loc: Southern NJ
During a price search for some replacement spark plug wires, I found several sites that show NGK makes a direct replacement set (NGK p/n NX14). They run about the same price as the OEM ones the dealers sell. Are they actually the same animal in different boxes or is one better than the other?

#82222 - 05/05/04 11:38 AM Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I bought the NGK set because at the time they were considerably less expensive than the Nissan ones ($15 - $20, IIRC). To be honest, I don't know if they are better or worse, but the construction is slightly different and they look pretty! laugh I do think the Nissan ones are probably made by NGK, but usually OEM is not the same as what companies offer for aftermarket replacements. All the sets that I saw advertised as high performance or such were just way too expensive. I think truckperformance.com has some now though that come in different colors and are less expensive than soemthing like the HotWires or whatever they are. Here's where I ordered the NGK's from. $55 and free shipping...I don't know if that's better than the price you've found.

N GK Xterra plug wires

#82223 - 05/05/04 11:53 AM Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK?
cygnus67 Offline

Loc: Southern NJ
Thanks for the link! The price is about what I've seen but you can't beat free shipping! [Smoking]

#82224 - 05/05/04 12:15 PM Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK?
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
$50 here and free shipping too.

They have a local distributor in NorCal and I got the parts in 1 day. I ordered wires, cap and rotors from them. Great service.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal