Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89378 - 12/04/05 07:25 PM hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

doesn't someone make a winch that you can plug into a trailer hitch?

#89379 - 12/04/05 07:47 PM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Superwinch makes a mount that attaches to the ball on your current hitch and then the winch bolts to the adapter. It is nice because it will swivel on the ball to pull in other directions than straight back.

#89380 - 12/04/05 08:14 PM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Warn Multi Mount Systems. In my opinion, def the best way to go unless you can afford f/r winches. Multimounts stick out, yes i know, but if your nose is buried, just put it on the back, and vice versa. Sometimes you dont always want to drag your truck through stuff ie. when you're stuck in a mudhole thats only going to get deeper. I have a multimount and love it. 9500xd warn on the multi,front and rear connects.

#89381 - 13/04/05 10:28 AM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

JRB, can you please let me know what receiver you use on the front? Is it rated up to 9500?

The only front receiver I know if the Calmini Transformer plate which is rated up to 6000 lbs.

I love your idea and I would like to do the same thing. I just want to first know if the front receiver can handle it.

Thanks!

John

#89382 - 13/04/05 10:33 AM Re: hitch mount winch?
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here

#89383 - 13/04/05 10:39 AM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if a company other than Calmini make a transformer plate (receiver) for the front of the Xterra?

Warn does not make a front receiver for the Xterra either frown

#89384 - 13/04/05 10:47 AM Re: hitch mount winch?
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here

#89385 - 13/04/05 11:03 AM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks NuDan!

Do you know if this setup will still work with aftermarket bumpers such as Calmini/shrockworks/ARB, etc?

From the instructions, it sounds like the receiver has to be mounted between the frame and the bumper brackets. I wonder if this would fit between the frame and aftermarket bumper brackets.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

John

#89386 - 13/04/05 07:25 PM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a Hidden Hitch brand front receiver (that is still for sale) and the bumper brackets get bent slightly outward and bolt to the outside of the receiver using longer supplied bolts. I also have a winch cradle with a roller fairlead for cheap...

#89387 - 13/04/05 07:39 PM Re: hitch mount winch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i just talked to a guy here in town and he enlightened me on a few things w/ regard to the moveable winch.

the winch weighs 75lbs, heavy in it's own right. we couldn't find a weight on the carrier/cradle but we figure it must be at least 30.

so, i'm not so sure i want to try and lug a 100lb item out of the truck and get it in the reciever on my own!!! (seein as how i usually go by myself)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal