Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57304 - 15/05/05 07:44 PM in-channel ventshades queston?
Anonymous
Unregistered

does anyone have any issues with the window rolling all the way up with the in-channels? my friend put a set on his envoy and they didn't seat all the way up, so he returned them and got the standard outside frame set. what makes them stay in the channel? 3m? i want to get a set but am undecided which kit to get, inside or outside. i did searches on the website and really didn't get a good answer. thanks frown

#57305 - 15/05/05 08:02 PM Re: in-channel ventshades queston?
buck Offline

Loc: Shohola,PA. 18458
They stay in the channel because of a thin flange that fits into the channel. When you install them you must bend them slightly so they flex into the channel. The instructions say that it may take a day or two to seat them. This is done when the window goes up and down. I have both front and rear sets in my Xterra, and a set in my Dakota. Made by Weathertech (Weathertech.com) Best vent visors on the market!

#57306 - 15/05/05 08:34 PM Re: in-channel ventshades queston?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you have a pic of your x with the shades installed? I've got an '05 Granite and am not too sure how they'll look. I was thinking about the dark tint model from weathertech

#57307 - 15/05/05 08:38 PM Re: in-channel ventshades queston?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can get the ones off ebay. When you set them in with the 3M tape, leave your windows up for 48 hours and do not wash your vehicle during that time. They will be just fine. The ebay ones are like 40 bucks and they look just like the weather tech ones.

#57308 - 15/05/05 09:18 PM Re: in-channel ventshades queston?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Channel is the way to go! They "seat" themselves just fine and they look far more superior than the "sticker on to door" alternative. They cost the same and look 10 times better!

#57309 - 16/05/05 08:36 AM Re: in-channel ventshades queston?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the ones off eBay by Auto Ventshade and didn't like them. The front windows would not go all the way up, especially when driving at highway speeds. I even peeled off their foam adhesive because I thought it was maybe too thick, then applied some thin double sided carpet tape but they still would not go up all the way. I switched to Weathertech and they work fine. Easy to install with no tape. The guys at Weathertech are great. They're a few miles from where I work and they told me if I had any problems getting them to fit, to bring them over and they would look at them, but no problems.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal