2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79020 - 16/05/05 02:13 PM Turbonator
Anonymous
Unregistered

have any of you guys ever tried out the Turbonator? If so what do you think.Any difference.Pros, Cons?

#79021 - 16/05/05 02:23 PM Re: Turbonator
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does it work?
The Turbonator's airflow dynamic produces a swirling, fast-burn effect in the combustion chamber. This creates finer particles of atomized fuel, allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion.

By enhancing fuel atomization, the Turbonator increases horsepower and fuel economy. An emissions lab, licensed by the EPA conducted tests on non-moving vortex generators that produced results as high as 20 horsepower and 24% increases in mileage. Other independent studies yielded results as high as 35 HP and 31% MPG. Although results varied from vehicle to vehicle, gains were evident, and considering the unit is inexpensive, easy to install, and requires no maintenance, the Turbonator is a worthwhile investment.

...from the site...

i bet if you add that to the vortex air thing you would get like 100hp increase...

#79022 - 16/05/05 09:49 PM Re: Turbonator
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I've heard and seemed to make the most sense is that if a simple part like this really did what it claims than automotive manufacturers would be all over the idea simply to improve their rated fuel milage and advertised horsepower ratings. I doubt it would make that drastic of an improvement those numbers seem exagerated for any application. I'm sure it won't hurt anything and if the price isn't too steep than why not, but I'd rather spend my money on a nice intake kit that will for sure make an improvement.

oh and Jrbbikerx, if ya added an airraid throttle body spacer to that combo, you might get 150HP [LOL]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal