2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63252 - 26/10/05 12:45 PM Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard many thing between Shrocks and Calmini. Don't know which is really the best product in durability. The Shrocks are more than Calmini which could mean that Shrock is better because of price or name product useage. So help me on this please. Thanks,

Nick

#63253 - 26/10/05 12:57 PM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they are both good. I think it comes down to what you like better. The Shrock imo look better and I bet they are harder to make with the second tube.

#63254 - 26/10/05 01:16 PM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I compared the calmini to the shrock. The shrock not only protects under the rocker panels, but also protects the lower side of the doors. The Calmini doesnt. IMHO the Shrock sliders are a much better slider than the Calmini. Heavier, Thicker material, and also looks much better to the eye. I have them installed on my 04 Black X.

#63255 - 26/10/05 01:34 PM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Shrocks are better than Calmini's.

The tubes are thicker walled, the shape is more protective, and, the powder coat won't peel of like a colorform, as it does on the Calmini.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#63256 - 26/10/05 01:52 PM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shrock...hands down! laugh

#63257 - 26/10/05 03:02 PM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. I think i will go with the Shrocks like i was going to just had a question between them cause it was like $100 cheaper. Just thought i asked. Thanks everyone.

#63258 - 29/10/05 08:24 AM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Shrock...hands down! laugh
another vote for the Schrocks...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#63259 - 29/10/05 08:30 AM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

and its easier to do this with the shrocks...

#63260 - 29/10/05 09:35 AM Re: Which Sliders Are Best?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In some cases you get what you pay for, in other cases you get much more. I am glad that Calmini makes parts to give us all choices. They are usually a little lower priced and often they are the only ones offering certain things. That being said, the finishes delivered from Calmini are pretty much unacceptable. One or two times cleaning your X with a powerwasher after wheeling and the paint will be stripped off exposing bare unprotected metal. The designs, while functional are often not up to the standards of the higher priced competition.

Shrockworks armor and SLR suspension parts are great examples of parts which cost a bit more upfront but will likely save you money and disapointment later on.

Shrock designs have wheeling and abuse in mind. The welding and grinding quality are great, and the thick beefy powdercoating is second to none. Also available in bare steel saves you the money of paying for a finish if you have other plans.

SLR suspension parts are well engineered well tested and well produced. The tolerances are tighter and the designs are well thought out.

As an American machinist and tool maker I love to see companies like SLR and Shrockworks crafting such quality parts and backing them 100% with customer support. If you have questions about Shrockworks stuff the owner Jim Shrake will tell you everything you want to know. If you have a question about Spencer Low Racing stuff either Josh or Spencer will be right there with your answers. Both companies are run by people who wheel and understand our demands and desires.

Personaly I will try to give my business to these hard working small businessmen for every upgrade I can. If they don't offer what I need, then I will go looking for others who have the parts I am looking for.

I am so glad to have a few awesome reputable businesses serving our comunity.

Keep up the great work guys [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal