2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62961 - 12/01/06 10:53 AM Front ARB air locker
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've searched. I swear.

I've discovered that the offroad uses a 44 rear axle. That means I should be able to go to an air locker in the back (if I ever have to replace the existing one).

But what about the front diff? Is it the same differential that's found in the <'04? If so, i'll go on down to the happy little nissan dealer and plunk down the cash...otherwise, I guess I have to wait on the FJ smirk

#62962 - 12/01/06 11:38 AM Re: Front ARB air locker
Anonymous
Unregistered

You might get more responses if you post this in the next generation forum.

From your question I am assuming you are talking about the 05/06 Xterra. The rear end for the off roads is a derivative of the Dana 44 and parts are not interchangeable.. You are currently stuck with the Nissan stock locker.

The front is an aluminum r180 which has a 7 inch ring gear and is pretty small. A couple Fronty's with tthe same front end have cracked their housings so strength could be an issue if a locker is ever available.

By the way. there currently is no front lockers for the FJ either.

#62963 - 12/01/06 11:47 AM Re: Front ARB air locker
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll repost this..thanks!

Also, thanks for the info on the rear end. This is good stuff to have!

As for the FJ, I got off the phone with ARB this morning. The FJ on display at the SEMA show was using the locker that was made for the new Tacoma:

http://www.arbusa.com/New_Product_Advices/air_locker_rd_111_rd121.pdf

it worked great pre-production (yeah, I know, that doesn't mean it's going to be the same when it ships), so I guess I'll just sit on my '93 cherokee-door falling off and all-until I can get some more info.

#62964 - 12/01/06 04:27 PM Re: Front ARB air locker
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
ok - the OR can COME with a rear locker, so you don't have to get an ARB for it.

laugh

The front is the issue though. Frankly, the OR's I've seen are beasts, and you would be in pretty good shape locked in back and enjoying the traction control voo doo, etc.

laugh

Bide your time, and do the front when available.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#62965 - 12/01/06 06:56 PM Re: Front ARB air locker
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
No aftermarket lockers for the front or rear diffs. Actually, not 100% sure about the C200 rear they use under quite a few of the 05/06. Spline count might be different (29 or 31 would be suitable), or other possible differences.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal