Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61786 - 10/04/06 03:49 PM Noob with an accessory question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all! I recently ordered and picked up my '06 OR I really liking it. My previous vehicle was a '94 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 (which I'm keeping, by the way) with more than 210K miles on it. So, it had been 12 years since I had another 4x4 and I was really looking forward to my next one!

And before I go any further, I want to thank everyone on this site. I had read a great many posts to help me decide on getting an Xterra and also on which model/accessories to get. You guys were a big help [ThumbsUp]

Now, what I want to ask everyone about are your thoughts on a good bug shield. I picked up a Lund bug shield from a local dealer but I'm really disappointed with how flimsy it is. It folds back easily and at highway speeds it almost lays flat against the front of the hood. I tried putting some rubber bumpers behind it to help hold it up but they're not really helping. The bug shields on my other 4x4s don't have this problem (they're a lot stiffer) but the brand labels have long since worn off so I don't know what type they are.
Is anyone seeing that problem with the WeatherTech bug shields? Are they flimsy to or are they made of a stiffer material? Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

#61787 - 11/04/06 06:45 AM Re: Noob with an accessory question
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#61788 - 11/04/06 08:25 AM Re: Noob with an accessory question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but the thing I don't like about the Nissan one is that it doesn't wrap around the rest of the hood like the Lund and some other bug shields do. I'd like to have that extra little protection and think they look better.

Thanks,
SR

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal