2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61458 - 01/08/06 11:33 PM ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey so it looks to me like there's is a front bumper out there made by a company called ARB... Just wanted to confirm if this is correct? I looked on their website and couldn't find anything...
Thanks for your help.

#61459 - 01/08/06 11:39 PM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It looks like I may have found it on the site, does anyone have any opinions on it? I know there's a few out there. What does an ARB bumper cost?
I have a 2000 Xterra.

#61460 - 01/08/06 11:43 PM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yep they make one click here
They are kind of pricey in comparison, and there are other options. Calmini, Shrockworks, and even TJM all have been owned by xterra owners here and can be found using the search feature. You will find many opinions on all of them, IMO ARB and shrockworks look the best visually.

#61461 - 02/08/06 03:16 AM Re: ARB bumper?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
What's an ARB? Never heard or them! [LOL]

Something to consider if you look into the different options. I have modified my ARB fairly extensively, it has been run into trees, it has been run into rocks, and before I ever got it, it was run into my a forklift! The powdercoat finish on the ARB absolutely does NOT come off! 5 years and not one single chunk of powdercoat has flaked off. Since PNWX is primarily equipped with ARB's, I can honestly say that the high quality finish is the norm. I can't speak for Schrockworks or TJM, but my Calmini stuff has had pretty bad powdercoat... some of which came off in shipping alone. Besides, the Calmini bumper looks like ass anyway. That said, if I were buying a bumper now, I would probably go with the Schrockworks due to its tighter approach angle, sturdy construction, reportedly excellent finish, and even more importantly due tot he fact that Schrockworks supports the Xterra community and offers exceptional service. But the ARB is my second choice.

#61462 - 02/08/06 03:27 AM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am running the ARB bumper and one of the problems I have come across when compared to the Shrockworks bumper is that inorder to do a 2 in Body lift you need to make/ jerry rig a new way to mount it. Where as if I were to have gotten the 2 in. BL version from Shrockworks I would be fat dumb and happy.. A plus for ARB is you can order them from 4wheel parts. Since I live in Hawaii shipping was incredibly cheaper for me to get an ARB as compared to a Shrockworks. Just some of my pros and cons..

Here are a few pics of one on my 03

#61463 - 02/08/06 04:35 AM Re: ARB bumper?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah, I'd do Shrockworks before ARB too.

ARB uses 10 gauge sheet metal, the thinnest of all the aftermarket bumpers, which all use at least 3/16" steel plate...and the Shrock even uses 3/8" steel for the rails/mounting plates.

If the ARB was a lot lighter, and it was a good compromise, it might be a better deal, but the Shrock, TJM ARB and Calmini all weigh about the same for example.

my fav:

www.shrockworks.com

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#61464 - 02/08/06 06:30 AM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do any of these after market bumpers have a place for the fog lights underneath? I am talking old style 2000-04, I have a 2002 and want to replace my bumper but would also like to keep my fog lights, in addition to the lights that will mount to the top of the bumper in front of the grill.

After searching I havent seen a pic on this forum of anyone that has them. just wondering if it is possible or I will have to chunk the fog lights...

#61465 - 02/08/06 06:44 AM Re: ARB bumper?
TJ Offline

Shrockworks has two rectangular openings you could mount fogs in if you wanted to on the pre-'05's at least.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#61466 - 02/08/06 06:52 AM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARB's come w/ rectangular turn signals that could easily be replaced with rect. fog lights.

#61467 - 02/08/06 07:25 AM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim, from Shrockworks, is of the opinion that the first gen (00-04) fog lights are worthless and not worht integrating into the bumper...unlike the 2nd gen foglights, which are halfway decent laugh

#61468 - 02/08/06 07:34 AM Re: ARB bumper?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

Shrockworks has two rectangular openings you could mount fogs in if you wanted to on the pre-'05's at least.

laugh
I have seen those holes, but thought they were there to be able to get to your winch if you had one.
Plus, I dont know how the round lights would look in there.

#61469 - 02/08/06 07:40 AM Re: ARB bumper?
TJ Offline

I don't think round lights would look good there.

I can't fit my arm through there to reach the winch - I just reach under the bumper, its only ~ an inch further anyway.

laugh

If you want to mount round fog lights on a pre-'05 X...you'd have to be creative/less aesthetically sensitive...I think the bumpers for the '05+'s have round holes.

laugh

I'm considering not having fogs there anyway, I was looking at the abuse that area gets on the rocks..it might just whack the fogs to death.......and with the truck up high, there may be no mounting spot left that is low enough to undercut fog/not be hit/banged by rocks, etc.

....so my jury's out on that one.

:rolleyes:

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal