2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75761 - 16/08/06 01:25 PM Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've read a few other posts on racks and searched a bit but cn't find the exact answer. I know that con-ferr has gone out of business, but their racks are still available at offroadunlimited.com. The website has no real descriptions of them or anything, but various sizes are listed. For any of you that have these racks, what size is best for the X and is anything extra needed to mount them to the rack on the X? I'm consdering the 4' x 4' rack with 6" sides, bolt together, but would like to go a little bigger. I want enough room to fit a cooler and my spare tire.

Not a bad price at all... Roof Rack

#75762 - 17/08/06 05:17 AM Re: Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know some of you guys have these things...

#75763 - 17/08/06 06:26 AM Re: Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got mine used, so I don't know the exact model, but it is 4x4 with 6" sides. Mine is attached with horizontal mighty mounts, which makes it pretty easy to install and remove. The previous owner (Carlton) installed aluminum strips for a floor, which has held up very well for the 4 years I've had it.

A cooler and spare tire would be a tight fit or not at all depending on the size of each, not to mention it would completely kill your gas mileage. I see about a 1 to 2 mpg drop when I have the rack installed on long trips, without large items sticking off the top. Just something to keep in mind. That being said, I love having it.

#75764 - 17/08/06 06:34 AM Re: Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Moving this topic to Parts and Accessories.

#75765 - 17/08/06 08:05 AM Re: Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I plan on having the rack for trail runs. I figure my spare will drag on rocks and such in it's current location, and I have spilt all kinds of water inside past trucks and stuff when bumping around on the trails, so I'd rather toss the cooler up on the roof. I wouldn't be using for long trips most likely, except for Moab next year. The rack will be off most of the time I'm sure because I regularly park in garages where it probably won't fit. Are you using 4 horizontal mighty mounts to mount the rack?

#75766 - 17/08/06 08:23 AM Re: Con-ferr Roof Rack Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep. 4 mounts.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal