Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82074 - 22/02/07 09:16 AM Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been looking at front bars (before you all flame in.. I have read I think every thread on here that says dont add anything to the front unless its a real steel bumper replacment) and I found the Manik Pre-Runner bar looks sharp. Just covers the lower bumper and fog light areas and has the upper bar angled slightly foward. I was wondering if any has this setup or has seen this setup on an actual X. Only pic I can find of it is the PDF that Manik supplies on its site for install purposes.

If not anyone seen the Aries guard?

Those are my two choices unless I can figure out how to mount my lights to the front without anything.

BTW my truck is a 2007 S

#82075 - 22/02/07 10:51 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you have any links?

Rob

#82076 - 22/02/07 11:12 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

[img]http://villanova.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31071014&id=6102201[/img]

i ran into a similar problem and added this bull bar

#82077 - 22/02/07 11:14 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

#82078 - 22/02/07 11:19 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

and before anyone flames me for it, i kills my clearance. you can actually see sand stuck to it from hitting the dunes. I def want to fab up some sort of light bar for the front and throw the bull bar away

#82079 - 22/02/07 12:10 PM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
To add lights at the grill area, you can come straight up through the top of the stock bumper, and just sandwich/washer plate the pass through to stabilize the lights.

One bud also just had the wires in a loom go straight out through the grill openings, to the backs of the lights...no known problems.

(I understand that you understand that adding all that silly metal work, just to add lights, is stupid, albeit that you don't care.)

laugh

There is a license plate mount that fits two off road lights above and to either side of your license plate, I forget where I saw it...it would avoid castrating your approach angle to see where you're going at night, etc.

Also - in the stock fairing, on the new X's, there are pretty big holes that lights will fit into...some have taken advantage of that as well.

Good Luck!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#82080 - 22/02/07 12:34 PM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

are you referring to these light bars?

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Guards_Nissan.HTM

#82081 - 22/02/07 12:50 PM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey O:
are you referring to these light bars?

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Guards_Nissan.HTM
That is pretty slick, too bad they don't make any Xterra specific light bars. I wonder how the Universal Nissan one works?

#82082 - 22/02/07 01:18 PM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am thinking of calling them tomorrow and asking

#82083 - 22/02/07 03:44 PM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
...Also - in the stock fairing, on the new X's, there are pretty big holes that lights will fit into...some have taken advantage of that as well...
Pardon my ign'ance, but what fairing are you referring to?

Rob

#82084 - 23/02/07 03:09 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is the bar I was looking at...

here is the PDF link for the install... Manik install instructions

sorry for no linky earlier :rolleyes:

I see you were saying the front fairing with large openings? Where? The lower opening may hold some slim rectangular lights and my PIAAs dont fit in the stock openings. I do understand about the aproach angle being horribly reduced with a cosmetic bar. Thats why I am looking for something more functional without going to a full steel bumper replacment. I was considering mounting the lights up on the roof but worried about clearence issues that is a big reason I want them low and out front.

Does anyone know the opening size of the factory fog light pockets? Wondering if there is any PIAA light that would go in there.

Thanks for all the help guys. I know its sometimes hard to help the noob because you feel it was beat to death before but even with doing the searches and reading the threads I never found an answer.

Thanks again

#82085 - 23/02/07 04:32 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC makes this one for the 05-07
AC Pre Runner for 05-07

#82086 - 23/02/07 04:50 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks almost the same. Hmmmmmm

#82087 - 23/02/07 05:00 AM Re: Manik Pre Runner Bar
Anonymous