2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65956 - 12/03/07 04:57 AM Nissan brand window deflectors
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, before I go to the Nissan guys I'd like to know if I'm missing something here. I'll keep this very specific. I have a set of Nissan brand window deflectors (looked at all of the options, chose these.)and I can't get the foam seal to be in the correct position when the 3M tape is in the correct spot. It's either one or the other.

Have you folks who have installed these deflectors run into this?

#65957 - 12/03/07 07:14 AM Re: Nissan brand window deflectors
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I have them and installed them myself but I'm not sure I know what you're reffering too.

#65958 - 12/03/07 08:34 AM Re: Nissan brand window deflectors
Anonymous
Unregistered

You must be talking about the little foam seal at the front end of the deflector, near the review mirror.

I had trouble with that too with my former 2003 X. One side came out fine, the other side ended up with a tiny gap between the foam and where it's suppose to "seal" against/near the mirror trim. The little gap did not affect the functionality of the deflectors. It was noticeable to ME, but not to anyone else.

Just try to get it to fit the best you can. IF I remember right, it was a question of where the foam part ends up in proximity to the mirror - like it's suppose to bend over the mirrors trim, or a contour in that general area (something like that).

I'd take a closer look at mine, but I traded the thing in for a Fronty Long Bed a few weeks ago!

(For the record: 2nd gen's don't have that issue, as the little foam cushion thingy is not there.)

#65959 - 12/03/07 10:15 AM Re: Nissan brand window deflectors
Anonymous
Unregistered

05_X had it right. That little foam seal is what I'm talking about. There is a noticeable gap, but if that's the way it gonna fit, then so be it.

Thanks to all.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal