Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88364 - 16/07/01 11:51 AM Question on Warn Hub install....
MrJones Offline

Loc: Tupelo, MS, USA
After following MAXC's online instructions on how to pull my auto hubs apart, it says to put what it called the factory o-rings back in. That just doesn't seem right considering that these expensive looking parts would not be resting on a flat surface anymore, with the auto hub assembly off. They would be resting against the head of a phillips screw. Anybody know anything about this, it just didn't seem like something was right...

------------------
Solar Yellow '00 SE 4wd
32x11.50 Swampers SSR

#88365 - 16/07/01 12:52 PM Re: Question on Warn Hub install....
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
I'm one of the guys that wrote that HOWTO. what do you mean on the head of a philips head screwdriver. with the auto hub totally off they sit on a flat surface. did you take the last piece of the hub off.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Alpine Green 4x4 Auto, ARB, Warn XD9000, 32" BFG MTs

#88366 - 16/07/01 12:59 PM Re: Question on Warn Hub install....
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MrJones:
After following MAXC's online instructions on how to pull my auto hubs apart, it says to put what it called the factory o-rings back in. That just doesn't seem right considering that these expensive looking parts would not be resting on a flat surface anymore, with the auto hub assembly off. They would be resting against the head of a phillips screw. Anybody know anything about this, it just didn't seem like something was right...

IIRC when we did Synchro's hub install we did use the O rings and when we did mine, we left them out to see if it effected the hubs at all. So far, it hasn't. Warn made no mention of the O rings in their TERRIBLE instructions so we just decided to go with trial and error ...

------------------

Philosopher's Xterra
Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club

#88367 - 16/07/01 01:07 PM Re: Question on Warn Hub install....
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
actually they made no mention of them in the instructions, but they are in the diagram provided by Warn, it was very confusing, hence the HOWTO. but the diagram doesn't say conclusively where to put them. so as philosopher said, we tried it one way one and the other on his, and no difference. we have both been running them like this since october or so.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Alpine Green 4x4 Auto, ARB, Warn XD9000, 32" BFG MTs

[This message has been edited by Synchro (edited 07-16-2001).]

#88368 - 16/07/01 03:56 PM Re: Question on Warn Hub install....
MrJones Offline

Loc: Tupelo, MS, USA
Yeah, I took off the last piece, the one held by the pain-in-the-ass clip, and there were 2 phillips head screw heads there.

------------------
Solar Yellow '00 SE 4wd
32x11.50 Swampers SSR

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal