2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#315713 - 09/12/03 06:25 AM What is this white stuff?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I woke up this morning and found this white stuff all over the place. I think I have read about it.. Some people call it "snow"?

#315714 - 09/12/03 06:58 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
That's what happens when you move up North, or so I'm told.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#315715 - 09/12/03 07:09 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
IUScott Offline

Loc: Chicago
Get use to it!! And whatever anyone says...Stay Away From The Yellow Stuff!!!!

#315716 - 09/12/03 07:10 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
How many inches you guys get up in the Nort' land?

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#315717 - 09/12/03 07:14 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Carlton's neck of the woods is expected to get about 4-6 inches. I'm a little farther north, we are supposed to get 3-5 inches.

About time I say, I am sick of the sissy winters we have been having lately! The more snow the better. I am never going to talk the wife into getting a snowmobile if we don't get any snow!

Carlton, have you bought a snowblower yet? Every self-respecting Minnesotan should have one!! laugh

#315718 - 09/12/03 08:01 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Send it this way! We are under and advisory, but like most good things .....it will probably miss us as always [Uh Oh !] .

#315719 - 09/12/03 08:24 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Mapman Offline

We usually get one or two good snows a season and the rest is just slush, if we even get that. It just gets damn cold and wet/slush/icey around here. The NW side of Chicago never get's any snow it always south and west of us. Lake Michgan and Chicago screws up any chance of getting a decent snow fall.

#315720 - 09/12/03 08:25 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Carlton's neck of the woods is expected to get about 4-6 inches. I'm a little farther north, we are supposed to get 3-5 inches.

About time I say, I am sick of the sissy winters we have been having lately! The more snow the better. I am never going to talk the wife into getting a snowmobile if we don't get any snow!

Carlton, have you bought a snowblower yet? Every self-respecting Minnesotan should have one!! laugh
Chicago used to get buried and I liked it. Now f..ing Miami gets more snow than we do the last 10 years.

The only good thing is that its one less thing for the clueless IL drivers to handle.

#315721 - 09/12/03 09:16 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
We have about 4 plus inches now and it looks like it is not planning on stopping any time soon.

No snow blower yet. I hear real men just use snow shovels anyway :-)

#315722 - 09/12/03 09:54 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by IUScott:
Get use to it!! And whatever anyone says...Stay Away From The Yellow Stuff!!!!
The yellow stuff is lemon, mmmmm lemon snow cones aaarrrgggggggrrrllll

My wife was saying she expected to get 6-7 inches tonight too but I say, I bend it in half for no one! [Spit] whoooo oh yeah. It was beggin to be said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
[b]Carlton, have you bought a snowblower yet? Every self-respecting Minnesotan should have one!! laugh
We have about 4 plus inches now and it looks like it is not planning on stopping any time soon.

No snow blower yet. I hear real men just use snow shovels anyway :-)[/b]
real me use souped up snowblowers!!

#315723 - 09/12/03 10:07 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Guido Offline

Quote:
Ok, let me rephrase that. Smart men use snowblowers and then go have a beer and watch the "real" men freeze their nuts off shoveling! laugh

#315724 - 09/12/03 11:39 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Ah, rookies. I used to think the exact same thing. The first time we get more than 10" you'll change your mind QUICKLY. Now that I have a 10hp two stage snow sucking BEAST I feel quite differently, I assure you.

That thing could suck up a cat and hurl it into the neighbor's yard!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#315725 - 09/12/03 11:46 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
The way I was brought up in Wisconsin is that snowblowers are for those that don't have kids around the house!

#315726 - 09/12/03 11:53 AM Re: What is this white stuff?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I swear to God that Chicagoland has some sort of futuristic snow barrier that stops snow from getting to us mad I live right on the IL-WIS border, and we were supposed to have 2-4 inches last week...um.....yeah....it was less than 1/203998746568718725344th of an inch!!! mad

[Crybaby] I WANT SOME SNOW!!!!!! [Crybaby]

#315727 - 09/12/03 12:08 PM Re: What is this white stuff?
Mapman Offline

First off Hawk, if you want snow, move up North, or out West because you live in the wrong area! OR Maryville, Indiana... read the story below

About 4-5 years ago I was coming home from Indinapolis and got caught in a wicked snow storm. I-65 was shut down, cars and semi's in the ditch all over the place. I got stuck in Maryville for 2 days (this is normally a 3-4 hour trip). So I am finally getting back into Illinois and I went from 6 inches of packed snow and ice, blizzard conditions, with no visibilty, to clear roads and sunny condistions when I went over the boarder back into Illinois. I went from travelling 10-15 mph to 80+ in five minutes. Lake Michigan causes some weird weather around the southern end of Lake Michigan!

#315728 - 09/12/03 12:22 PM Re: What is this white stuff?
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
I have lived in Wisconsin for about 10 years. We use to get like 6+ at at time. I moved to West Virginia and We had a noreaster. Now that storm blew in 24 inches in 23 hours, Now that was cool!I have never seen snow like that in Wisconsin.

Buy a snowblower well worth the price. I bought one for 15 buck at garage sale, and fixed it. I think I got cheap since it was 90 degrees at the time. laugh

#315729 - 09/12/03 12:35 PM Re: What is this white stuff?
Guido Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Now that I have a 10hp two stage snow sucking BEAST I feel quite differently, I assure you. That thing could suck up a cat and hurl it into the neighbor's yard!
Here is mine (mine is a couple yrs older and has tracks instead of wheels--Never, ever get tracks in stead of wheels, they are a major pain in the ass!)

Carlton, if you do decide to get a snowblower, wait until Feb. or March. The stores are usually trying to get rid of them and you can get great deals, that is what I did!

#315730 - 09/12/03 04:01 PM Re: What is this white stuff?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the past few years(since about 1997) we haven't had much sno throught Nov and Dec. That seems to change in Jan though. We usually get hit with over a foot or more in one sitting, and then usually another handful of inches within a few days. I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! Goin stir crazy just DYING to use the X in sonw!!! laugh

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal