2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316416 - 27/01/04 08:15 PM XC Skiing in the Twin Cities
jwessx Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
Will be getting some new XC skis in a few days and was wondering if anyone does any XC skiing here in metro or outstate?

Thanks,

JOE

#316417 - 28/01/04 08:15 AM Re: XC Skiing in the Twin Cities
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Head north young man, the Brained area has some great trails. Lutsen also has some good trails. My wife has done some skiing around St. Johns Univ.(near St. Joseph, MN). I used to go to Bunker Hills County park (Coon Rapids)as a kid. I haven't been XC skiing in close to 20 yrs (been too busy downhill skiing), I have been thinking of getting some skis the last few years.

#316418 - 28/01/04 11:02 AM Re: XC Skiing in the Twin Cities
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
Haven't ever skied in the metro, but if it's anything like Rochester, dang near every park in town turns into a ski park. Trails all over the place. I went last night and will try again tonight if the cold doesn't drive me back home.

Minnesota Valley Rec area looks like it has a lot of trails as does Afton. I think William O'Brien was also a popular ski park. I think you can park free at some of the lots around Ft. Snelling (as it is closed this time of year) and ski the river trails (probably want to hike down to them first).

Ohterwise, yes - head North. Most state parks have miles of trails in the winter that are well groomed (if they have snow). I've only skied a couple of them though due to the poor snow conditions these last few years.

Matt

#316419 - 28/01/04 08:24 PM Re: XC Skiing in the Twin Cities
jwessx Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
Thanks for the info. To damn cold for XC right now. Hopefully in a few days.Suppose to get the skis this weekend.

If anyone wants to go, just let me know.

TX,

joe

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal