2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317624 - 15/09/03 07:19 AM Need your help with GPS
Yellow Gecko Offline

Loc: Glendale,AZ
Hey guys and gals. I didn't know if anyone had GPS. The BLM is in the process of putting all of our trails on a new map. The catch is that if there are some trails that they do not have the location and route of, they are going to close them. So the OHV ass. is asking that we team up with some Jeepers and riders with our GPS's to map out these trails. It would be a fun day for getting out and it's getting to be nice outside. On top of that we'll be doing something for the future trail users. Most of the mapping needs to be done in the White Tanks area. Any help is appreciated. I will find out the specifics and post them. Thank you again.

#317625 - 15/09/03 07:26 AM Re: Need your help with GPS
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I have a Garmin eMap GPS I use on all outings.

So, where is the "White Tanks" area? and how long do we have to give them coordinates of the trails?

If possible I'd love to assist.

#317626 - 15/09/03 10:37 AM Re: Need your help with GPS
Desert Lady Offline

Loc: Arizona
We've been involved in this working with the BLM on this since February.

We've been working with the ASA4WD group, as well as many other groups so that efforts are not duplicated. I would check with Sandee McCullen at mccullen @ cableaz.com before you go out of your way to map those trails. I'm not sure if those have been done yet or not - but I know lots of have us have spent the last 8 months doing that. I, personally, haven't done any in that area.

#317627 - 15/09/03 03:47 PM Re: Need your help with GPS
Yellow Gecko Offline

I am talking to Sandee and the Bill who is heading it. I think it will be an event where everyone meets up one day and picks a trail to map. Thank you for the heads up. Have you told your boys at the Nissan site about it. Bill is in the process of getting a big group together. The White Tanks area (on the west side of town) is our main focus. There are other places that also need to be mapped that we can help with. Thanks again for the responce.

#317628 - 15/09/03 05:22 PM Re: Need your help with GPS
Desert Lady Offline

Loc: Arizona
Do you have a date/time? I haven't heard of one yet, so haven't posted on N4W about it yet. We're slowly getting our weekends booked up.

We have a run scheduled on 9/27 to entertain out of state wheelers and headed to California 10/10 - 10/13 for a weekend of camping and wheeling with those boys.

#317629 - 16/09/03 07:09 AM Re: Need your help with GPS
Yellow Gecko Offline

No I haven't heard of a date yet but I know time is running out so it should be soon. I;m talking to Bill and hopefully he'll let me know soon.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal