Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323501 - 19/09/03 11:02 AM Moving to AZ
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
Planning a move to AZ in January. My wife and I are thinking Scottsdale...she went out over labor day and looked at this place:

http://www.mark-taylor.com/sancabrilla/index.htm

anyone know it? is it nice? easy access to phoenix? bars/nightlife?

any input would help. thanks!

#323502 - 19/09/03 03:48 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good central location. Mark Taylor makes a nice apartment. There are 13 or so of them in the Valley.

#323503 - 19/09/03 03:53 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scottsdale is a great city and there is more of a bar scene in Old Town Scottsdale than in Phoenix. If I were coming into Phoenix Metro I would either choose Scottsdale or Chandler.... Scottsdale is more mature and CHandler is newer and growing. Just my thoughts.
Travis

#323504 - 19/09/03 06:02 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

If scotsdale is your type of thing, Kierland is an exciting new development in N. Sctsdl. Lots of Shopping, food, and drinking places. IF thats YOUR thing. Freeway access to PhX. proper and close (well, it's all relative here) to lakes and desert areas for wheelin'. Give it a look. laugh
edit- Don't get me wrong, shopping , food, and drinking ARE my thing, just not in Sctsdl...

#323505 - 22/09/03 10:56 AM Re: Moving to AZ
Tom G Offline

Thx for the great replies. central location is what we really want, since we don't know much else. I'm going to be heading out there at the end of october for 4 days to see the mark taylor places and get my bearings. I'll also be attending the checker auto parts 500 on sunday wink . Thanks again!

#323506 - 22/09/03 11:21 AM Re: Moving to AZ
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
DBAX didn't go into detail...

I will

2.5 years ago i moved to scottsdale to get away from the Snobby california "im better than you cause I have a BMW-H2-Audi and My house costs more than yours" attitude....

We moved back to California soon after(family issues forced us back)

so when the time came to move back to AZ this past May, it was time to consider options...

Scottsdale is pretty, its in a nice location, but the cliche is the truth in my opinion "they've built themselves a nice little california up there"... attitude and all.

so we moved to Chandler... in my opinion, Scottsdale scenery without the attitude... and less expensive as well...

this came up once before on here and I kind of got blasted for my opinion, by some Snottsdale residents... so to clarify, I'm not saying they are all pricks, but enough of them are to make the jump in cost of living less than worth it.

#323507 - 22/09/03 12:43 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Tom G Offline

Thanks for being honest! We thought about Chandler as well, but I might be working on north central ave - definitely the other side of town...now I'm used to the northeast where it currently takes me almost an hour to go 11 miles to work, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad? I have no idea what rush hour is like in Phoenix...

#323508 - 22/09/03 01:19 PM Re: Moving to AZ
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Heh, too funny. I live in Chandler (Rural & Ray/Chandler Blvd), and I work on North Central (Central & Indian School). It largely depends on what time you leave. If I leave home at 6:45-7:00, I can get to work by 7:30, no problem. However, if I leave at 7:15, I don't get here till 8:30. The earlier you leave the better. Without traffic (ie weekends/holidays, late at night) it only takes 15-20 minutes to get here.

And its not so bad. 2 hours a day in my X is hardly punishment.

#323509 - 22/09/03 01:21 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Tom G Offline

I guess I'll see it all in October!

#323510 - 22/09/03 05:24 PM Re: Moving to AZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Octobers nice; Water on golf hazards stop boiling, the cactus start to lose their needles, the daytime temps drop to the mid 90's and it gets chilly at night(70's). smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal