Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324211 - 06/02/05 11:17 AM AZXC 2-04-05 meeting notes
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was a decent turnout at PEORIA NISSAN of a couple dozen people. A HUGE thanks to the folks at that dealership for going out of their way to show us their support, now and into the future, for the XTERRA community. The video presentation, the up-close inspection of the '05, the food & refreshments, and last but certainly not least, their fantastic donation to our club raffle laugh . Travis (Yellow Geeko) led the meeting by introducing himself as club President for the last time. We all said hello, and were introduced to some new people also. Good to see the club cards on other X owners windows has been a plus in recruitment. First came the new years Board of Director elections. The results are as follows; El Presidente- Gabe Bourland (GBIZZLE) VP- Daniel Swislow (DBAX) and Secty/Treas- Mike Major (GRN-X). I'm sure Mike will do a much better job of taking notes and posting reviews in the future :rolleyes: ...(J/K) We voted in (after they'd attended two sanctioned club events) a few new club members also; Tomas (XTACY), and Adam and Joanie(?) (Conundrum and Joanie(?)) On a side note, their baby daughters name is TERRA smile How cool is that? Then we held the raffle (#'s picked by the lovely and talented) Annisia(?), which included such fabulous prizes as; Golf shirts from NISSAN and Tire Pros. There were Mini-mags and hats, all kinds of goodies. TOMAS won the 50/50 drawing and walked with almost $80. One lucky X owner was fortunate enough to win a set of NISMO 16" bronze alloy wheels laugh We enjoyed free pizza and soda while enjoying an video presentation of the '05 X given by a Nissan exec very excited to see the passion AZXC has for their trucks and the ways in which they're enjoyed. We fall right into their philosophy of usage, and our enthusiasm is clearly appreciated by them. The slideshow was excellent showing lots of technical data (ie-80% of torque at 2000 rpm [ThumbsUp] ) on the new X as well as insight to Nissans new marketing strategy. Witty, exciting, utilitarian, and aimed right where it should be. It was made very clear that Nissans new trucks are made in America to become the new standard of American Trucks. (I'm down smile ) After the presentation, we moved down to the dealership garage to inspect the '05 up close. Once it was lifted up above our heads we could look from below at all of the advancements made in both engineering and performance modifications. The new steering, and suspension, the in frame driveline placement and factory skid plates. Obviously, the boys at Nissan had spent an hour or two on the XOC listening to the wishes of current X owners, (and prolly now, a few ex owners too.) That was all good and fun and we moved out to the parking lot and goo-gawed at each others rigs. We discussed Hi-Lift mounting, Aux lighting mods..I think I even saw, the skid plate template [Uh Oh !] Then we got to see how a new Nissan Titan can easily melt off the factory tires and go fast, fast. A good time and a great way to met interesting new people. Remember to keep handing out the AZXC cards to bring new folks to the meetings and events. When you do, you're entered into the drawing for a stay for two at the Scottsdale Radisson.
The February Xcursion is this coming weekend, up the back road to Crown King. Campers will drive it (4wd only) on Saturday (12th) and meet up with anyone else (4 or 2wd) in town Sunday am to proceed (2wd friendly) to Prescott for lunch and laughter. We'll have fire, and firewater on saturday nite and I'm gonna' fix up a lot of grilled chicken w/ green chile sc, and mashed potatoes too. Anyone here play geetar? (Xrock, where are you?) Hope to see you all there, well, most of ya wink and have a great week.

#324212 - 07/02/05 09:30 AM Re: AZXC 2-04-05 meeting notes
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
I'd like to have a picture of the 05 (maybe a side profile picture) to make it the Xterra of the Month on the side. If anyone has one, post it or email it to me. I have one, but it's not the best of angles, so I'd like to see what everyone else has.

Also, when is the meeting/Xcursion for March? I meant to ask at the meeting (and I may have missed someone saying it). I want to update the site tonight with all the info.

Have we determined when the Xterra Tri is? Hey GBiz, if you are looking for someone to take charge of that Xcursion, let me know and I can make all the planning and contacting. It depends on the date of course, but April looks pretty clear for me right now.

I also plan on creating the email address for the new officers tonight. I'll email you the password when I'm done. When does the old officers email get shut down (3/1?). I know that Travis will keep his, but what about TremorX and Shannon's? (I'll have to send them a warning that it's going to be shut off.)

#324213 - 07/02/05 09:34 AM Re: AZXC 2-04-05 meeting notes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim I sent you a pic of an 05' this morning to your jim@geo account. I need to get Xrocks email or phone so we can get the ball rolling for the triathalon.

#324214 - 07/02/05 04:40 PM Re: AZXC 2-04-05 meeting notes
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
BTW, the Xterra Tri is 4/24.

So, what are we going to be doing in March?

#324215 - 11/02/05 07:50 PM Re: AZXC 2-04-05 meeting notes
Xtasy Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
If you haven't seen them yet, I've posted the 05 Xterra Pics from our meeting. I'd love to get the others that people took and add them to the gallery since I didn't get any interior or engine bay shots.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal