Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330094 - 13/02/05 08:48 AM Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Here are my pics from the Crown King run. Got a few good ones of a really bright rainbow we saw on the way out.

If anyone wants high res copies of pictures they're in, let me know and I can email them over.

You don't need to log in to view these, just click on the picture.

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=13j8lik7.6go7enr&Uy=2emune&Upost_signin=BrowsePhotos.jsp%3FshowSlide%3Dtrue&Ux=0

#330095 - 13/02/05 03:15 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like # 19. Good luck in China, Mark-san. laugh

#330096 - 13/02/05 04:31 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very Cool

#330097 - 13/02/05 05:19 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine are here

#330098 - 13/02/05 06:12 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a side-note to this thread; Travis & Brody, Dan & Corey (from Sierra Vista) and Jason and his Uncle Tom (from Tucson), along with Lee and myself camped in a great spot off the Old Senator Highway saturday nite. We set up a most ass-kicking tent city, and set up the AZXC banner for passers-by to marvel at, soon accompanied by an excellent, everburning bonfire in a huge stone pit. We all enjoyed dinner cooked out of the rain and settled in to enjoy some good music and laughter, fueled by Eric Clapton and Makers Mark smile The night sky cleared up and revealed all of its glory as the temperatures started to drop. After another A-1 breakfast, Lee, Travis, Jason/Tom, and Myself hit the big hill on the way off the mountain. What looked un-doable and treacherous eek the day before in the fog and rain, turned out to be a great time. Crawling up and down several times was a blast, 4lo @ 1600 rpm, easy money. Then we (T,J/T, & me) peeled off from Lee at Table Mesa to try our hands on that big hill again. I went first and shot up,mmm, 30 yards and lost traction. A quick re-alignment and I scooted right up. Travis came next and got to where I was initially. I spotted him out of trouble and he went right up. Then Jason. He hit the bottom hard and charged his way up again, (you guessed it) to the same spot. We all stayed on the trail/line, no one was in saturdays predicament. It was slick, but not sloppy.. Than as Jason was appearantly doing some sort of victory celebration in the X while getting up the hill, he drove (front Left) into a chasm on the hill side. As his truck began to point downwards while the truck settled into the mud, I used my girth to pull down the oppostite corner (much more exciting in person). Rocks were stacked to no avail :rolleyes: , the chasm was just to deep to get traction from the back wheels. I backed DBAX down the hill and snatched him out of the crack and up to safety. We all had a good time laughing at Jason wink for a while then moved on to the white wall . It was impossible to climb in it's current state and the by pass had to be taken. We aired up at 4sons and drove to Rays for pizza. We burnt our mouths on hot, greasy pizza and laughed at Jason some more [ThumbsUp] An Xcellent club Xcursion from front to back, including everything from action (romping in huge, sloppy mud fields), to adventure (recovery from mud-soaked hillside tippy-slidy time), to fudge at the General Store, and a great time winter-camping in the AZ mountains. Glad to see some noobs along for this one too, a real good time smile

#330099 - 13/02/05 07:12 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome. Can't wait to get camping again. We've been working so much on SASing a Pathfinder lately (both ends)....

Thank God AZ Run V is right around the corner. 6 days, 5 nights...oh YEAH!

#330100 - 13/02/05 08:27 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awsome write-up Dan! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

Were gunna have to plan to do CK again... when its NOT raining :rolleyes: , and go the backway [Freak]

#330101 - 13/02/05 08:50 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
sweet pics, everyone. [ThumbsUp]

If only I'd had MTs on the Rover...and wasn't selling it...and wasn't working so much lately. [Too much XOC]

#330102 - 13/02/05 09:32 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't wait to see the pics Travis took. Get em up Travis! Had an excellent time, and it was well worth the trip up.

#330103 - 14/02/05 07:40 AM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Thanks for letting me come along.

It was a wet evening. Tarps+fire=cozy in tent city.

The next morning was still cold, imagine that... Rocky was happy to remain in the truck for awhile until the sun warmed things up.

On the way down the hill we were treated to an awesome view of Castle Creek Wilderness.

#330104 - 14/02/05 09:15 AM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for having us. We had a great time although cut short of the full adventure.
See ya all again soon. [Wave]

#330105 - 14/02/05 02:29 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for letting me come along.
smile No No, Thank yoou Sir. Great pics too [ThumbsUp]

#330106 - 14/02/05 04:09 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a quality tent city. You guys make SWANKy proud!

#330107 - 14/02/05 04:32 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
That's a quality tent city. You guys make SWANKy proud!
Thanks! All that I know I learned from swankY cool

#330108 - 16/02/05 12:47 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
NOSUP4U Offline

Where are the rest of the pics? I know other people were taking some. Who's got all the ones of me teetering on the brink of disaster at Table Mesa? Preston?

Mark

#330109 - 16/02/05 02:36 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I know Travis took a ton. I am really interested in a few that he took of me! Post em up Travis, quit holding out on us smile .

#330110 - 17/02/05 09:56 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Xtasy Offline

I also had a great time. Thanks Dan for the Excellent synopsis of the next day. I would have loved to have been there to see it all. I'm glad there were more X's that could conquer the Hill, I hope there were other vehicles that were there to watch it happen!

Here are my contribution.
I'll soon be adding the videos I have also.

One Question, if you look at the last few pictures, I was wondering who still hasn't washed their Trucks (I haven't).

And a final unrelated to this event picture was the shot of Delta (my wife) and I on our Valentine excursion in a Hot Air Balloon. Boy what an adventure that was.

#330111 - 18/02/05 08:24 AM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pics. I like the one you took from the top of the hill. It really shows the perspective of the climb. Did you get any Vids of us playing in the mud? I was too busy to film.

And yes. I washed mine as soon as I got home, but only took the mud out of the wheels and all the little hiding places that it collects. I still have the remnants that are showing. At least until the rain washes even that away.

Are you going to put your Mud flap back on? [LOL]

#330112 - 18/02/05 04:25 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

#330113 - 18/02/05 08:16 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Xtasy Offline

Excellent Shots PHXX. Get any good movies? I'm getting a great place to host movies next week, I'll try to create a space for you to upload them to share with everyone.

Does anyone else have great big server space to host movies to download? How much space is available on the AZXC host?

#330114 - 18/02/05 09:26 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtasy:
Does anyone else have great big server space to host movies to download? How much space is available on the AZXC host?
I have about 900MB on my site.

The AZXC site only has about 30MB or so (we only have 100MB max and email count against that I believe). We should pick up a few with the removal of Michael/Shannon's email accounts at the end of the month. But it won't be much.

#330115 - 18/02/05 09:27 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtasy:
Excellent Shots PHXX. Get any good movies? I'm getting a great place to host movies next week, I'll try to create a space for you to upload them to share with everyone.

AWSOME.. i'm lookin into that myself. Whats this great place that you found?

#330116 - 18/02/05 09:29 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there still talk about getting a new host for the website, to hold more information such as pictures and videos?

#330117 - 19/02/05 08:29 AM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by PHXX:
Is there still talk about getting a new host for the website, to hold more information such as pictures and videos?
I know we sort of talked about it back in Oct/Nov, but that was about as far as it went. I know my host allows unlimited email addresses (maybe all active members could have an account, though I'm not sure how we could police this), 1GB [Freak] of storage and 40GB [Freak] of bandwidth a month for about the same cost of what we are paying now. There are others as well for about the same deal (maybe more of some things, less of others).

Sounds like an agenda item for the March meeting. laugh

#330118 - 19/02/05 04:25 PM Re: Table Mesa/Crown King pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

It wouldnt be a bad idea to upgrade the site. This would do two things. One would be relieving Mike from having to pay for it and the whole forwarding of funds to do that. Also would add more megs for pics/ video section, Yes this will be a good subject for march meeting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal