2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328929 - 03/07/05 05:00 PM Some pics of the Payson trip.
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
We reached Payson about 10ish and did some pavement pounding until we found the trailhead. Big thanks goes out to the local forest ranger, a couple of fire eaters and a big rock. Hey, without the rock we wouldn't have known where to turn. The trail wasn't a difficult trail but it was still nice to get out and use the 4x4 portion of the vehicle. I would say about 1/2 of the trail was rocky and the other half was mostly dirt. We had to water crossings that weren't to terrible difficult. An excellent lunch was provided by AndrewM and his girlfriend. Thank you very much. AZN8iveX has an 05 Offroad and of course I was jealous.

I would say an excellent time was had by all. We could name this trek the Mustard Trail. It was aptly christened by AndrewM. I, of course, christened my shirt and shorts instead of the trial but that is par for the course.

Pic of the group

05 Offroad

Another or the 05 Offroad

The obligatory pic of my 05

Small water crossing

#328930 - 03/07/05 06:01 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

AZN8iveX now has permanent desert pin stripping on his new 05 Off-Road and is minus a rock guard. =)
Anyone who stripped theirs off and want to sell them to a fellow Xer, send me a note. I might be able to replace it before the wife notices.
Thanks for all who participated. It was not as cool out there as I had hoped it would be. On the other hand, it was a much Kewler time then I thought it was going to be…
Thanks for lunch AndrewM I owe you sometime.
Thanks for capturing the moment you guys.

#328931 - 05/07/05 05:46 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Defibvt,
Question for you. When you aired down how far down did you go? Did your low tire pressure senor give you a warning? Do you or anyone know at what tire pressure they are designed to go off?

#328932 - 05/07/05 07:04 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like you guys had a great time, I'll tag along on the next Xcursion if possible. Good to see some new X's in the crowd, sorry there wasn't more AZXC reps there. frown

On tire pressure, every tire is different and I actually don't air down to keep as much ride height as possible. If I have a need to then I would probably go no lower than 20 Psi on my BFG M/T's, but really haven't had any issues without airing down.

Good luck and hope to see you at a meeting. [ThumbsUp]

#328933 - 05/07/05 08:57 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
defibvt Offline

I aired down to 18psi. The tire pressure sensor is suppose to go off at <28psi. It goes off three times for about 10 seconds. It is one of the most annoying sounds on this planet earth. You really only lose about an inch of clearance airing down but it does help to grip the rocks instead of spin to go over them.

#328934 - 05/07/05 11:11 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

you guys have to see my pics from the rest of the trip after you left! some cool stuff!

#328935 - 05/07/05 11:47 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! Im surprised Defibvts didn't mention to you to take off the aluminum step rails. That is always the first thing most new X owners are taught. Usually the first thing damaged on a X if not mentioned. :rolleyes:

#328936 - 05/07/05 12:21 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, yes he did mention it. too funny. Not really new to the X, but more new to the board! They steps will go eventually, the girl has some say in there. Belive me I have mentioned sliders.

#328937 - 05/07/05 12:51 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewM:
Well, yes he did mention it. too funny. Not really new to the X, but more new to the board! They steps will go eventually, the girl has some say in there. Belive me I have mentioned sliders.
If you're looking for sliders as a replacement that also keep someone happy who uses the step rails, there is one brand that sticks out farther than most and is better for climbing into the X with. I think they're EOE brand? They might not make them anymore though. I know someone in the club has a set. Jason maybe?

#328938 - 05/07/05 12:55 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

AndrewM. Post them up man. Lets see the rest of the story =)

#328939 - 05/07/05 12:55 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by AZN8iveX:
Hey Defibvt,
Question for you. When you aired down how far down did you go? Did your low tire pressure senor give you a warning? Do you or anyone know at what tire pressure they are designed to go off?
I have 16" rims with BFGs on them and generally go down to 18psi without a problem. I think the Goodyear mudders have some thick beading sidewall protection and have heard of people down at 14 to 16psi with them.

In general, most people in the group are around 20psi.

#328940 - 05/07/05 01:26 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am at work right now and I dont have the camera......I will get thim up soon.

I was thinking shrockworks sliders, I like those a lot.If I have my way SAS will be in action in the next six months

#328941 - 06/07/05 02:53 PM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
defibvt Offline

More pics here.

AndrewM\'s pics

#328942 - 07/07/05 08:42 AM Re: Some pics of the Payson trip.
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NOSUP4U:
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewM:
[b]Well, yes he did mention it. too funny. Not really new to the X, but more new to the board! They steps will go eventually, the girl has some say in there. Belive me I have mentioned sliders.
If you're looking for sliders as a replacement that also keep someone happy who uses the step rails, there is one brand that sticks out farther than most and is better for climbing into the X with. I think they're EOE brand? They might not make them anymore though. I know someone in the club has a set. Jason maybe?[/b]
EOE is out of business. I got one of their last sets for my 2000.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal