Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320629 - 27/09/05 01:07 PM Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I am being stationed in Vegas (can't wait to leave DC). Well, there is no club in Vegas so I guess I will be looking to meet up with the AZ crew when you wheel up North and Southern CA crew when they wheel.

I have a report no later than date of 15 Feb so it will be a few months. The wife and I will be buying out there so if anyone has advice for living in Vegas I would appreciate it. The base is NE of the strip... obviously looking to stay as close to the base as possible without living in a bad area.

#320630 - 27/09/05 01:34 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Vegas Baby!!! laugh

Sounds like fun. [ThumbsUp]

(Hey, I have a buddy there that works for Keller Williams Realty if you're looking to buy a home and don't want to pick a name out of the phone book.)

Hey, you won't be too far from Moab too. [Too much XOC]

#320631 - 27/09/05 01:57 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where in Vegas does he work? I am looking at Henderson and N. LV for living right now. To be honest I can't really committ until I get out there and check the area. I am flying out in Dec to look/hopefully make an offer on something.

#320632 - 27/09/05 05:03 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I just sent him a quick email and will let you know for sure. [ThumbsUp]

Edit: Yes, he lives right next to Henderson and has helped a bunch of clients in "NLV" as well.

I'll PM you his contact info. I know it's a little ways out, but sometimes it's good to start the hunt earlier than later.

If I moved to Vegas I'd be in trouble on a weekly basis. laugh

#320633 - 11/10/05 04:49 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll ask my soldiers, 3 are from Vegas. They're going back there on leave next week.

#320634 - 11/10/05 04:54 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good afternoon Sgt. [Wave]

#320635 - 11/10/05 05:02 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My cousin was posted there up until a couple of months ago, and suggests getting away from the base. She said the socioeconomics of the the immediate area do not make for a secure quality of life. Not the words she used....more like "the area around the base sucks ass".
Hope that helps.... wink

#320636 - 12/10/05 03:36 PM Re: Moving out to Vegas!
Anonymous
Unregistered

2xplore would be correct. My soldiers said it's pretty ghetto around post. You'll probably end up driving 45 min-1 hour to get a nice place to live. Buying a decent house there can be expensive. Be choosy about the loan companies, many do things half way.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal