Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318587 - 13/08/06 03:29 PM Chiricahua National Monument
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Hi Arizona dudes,

I'm going to be going out to Chiricahua National Monument in a few weeks with a pal of mine that lives in Sierra Vista.
We are planning on doing some photo stuff and hiking, but if there are any good trails in the area I wouldn't mind hitting one or two of them.

Any info would be appreciated.

Take Care,

Doug

#318588 - 13/08/06 04:46 PM Re: Chiricahua National Monument
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome area!! Let me get some materials together and i'll post some nice places to go.

#318589 - 13/08/06 05:15 PM Re: Chiricahua National Monument
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am embarrassed to say that is an area of the state I have not explored. Been meaning to head down that way, but have just never gone down there.

#318590 - 13/08/06 08:25 PM Re: Chiricahua National Monument
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:
out to Chiricahua National Monument in a few weeks with a pal of mine that lives in Sierra Vista.
Chiricahua National Monument is a wonderful place for photography.

While you are in the area and if traveling to Phoenix from the Benson area, there is a nice dirt road from Benson to San Manual that follows the San Pedro River.

We did it last week coming back from Kartchner Caverns, the first 15 miles are paved and there were sections where the washes had over come the road. The unpaved section (about 20 miles) was like the Apache Trail but there were several sections where it crossed washes that a car would have problems.

I think the road is referred to locally as ‘Reddington Pass’ (exit 306 of the I-10) and provided a wonderful views of the Saguaro National Park, Coronado National Forest and the east view of Mount Lemmon. If it was not for the pending thunder storms moving in from the south, we would have stopped and taken more photos, especially going thru the Saguaro National Park, as sunset was approaching.

#318591 - 13/08/06 08:58 PM Re: Chiricahua National Monument
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds nice. Heya Phil, long time no see in here.

#318592 - 13/08/06 11:54 PM Re: Chiricahua National Monument
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Sounds nice. Heya Phil, long time no see in here.
Been busy with work - so many implementions, so little time !!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal