2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323824 - 25/08/06 09:35 AM Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
So a couple of days ago a parking garage decided to rip the roof rack off of the Xterra. The only damage to the X (other than the rack itself) is that the rear passenger side anchor where the rack attaches has ripped out. (The two screw holes are just ripped wide open)

Now, my thinking is that I'll just replace it with a nice metal rack from Calmini or something. Is it hard to get underneath there so I can put in a plate or something to bolt the new rack too? Do I just somehow pull off the headliner in the back and I will see the roof sheetmetal, or is it more complicated than that?

Also, who makes Xterra racks?

#323825 - 25/08/06 03:04 PM Re: Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Holy shearing metal Batman!!

#323826 - 25/08/06 03:16 PM Re: Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can carefully pull it down the headliner is held up by hevey duty velcrow O-crap handles and loops and int-light .....Try not to bend it to much as it (WILL) put a crease in it .. eek Start from the rear corner 1st on up to front.You may also need to remove or loosen panels or trim .

#323827 - 25/08/06 04:30 PM Re: Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Waldo:
You can carefully pull it down the headliner is held up by hevey duty velcrow O-crap handles and loops and int-light .....Try not to bend it to much as it (WILL) put a crease in it .. eek Start from the rear corner 1st on up to front.You may also need to remove or loosen panels or trim .
That is good news. As long as I can get under there, I can definitely attach the new rack as all my jury rigging will be hidden.

So as to racks, all I've seen is the Calmini rack. Anyone else sell one, or is that my only option?

Thanks!
Mark

#323828 - 25/08/06 04:42 PM Re: Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know you want one like mine wink
I'll ask a friend if he wants to make one for you.. I'll assume you'd like one similar in design as mine, seriously. [ThumbsUp]

#323829 - 25/08/06 07:17 PM Re: Bleep! Roofrack ripped off
Anonymous
Unregistered

DBAX or the Calmini Route!!! [Smoking]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal