Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328567 - 05/11/06 08:07 AM Body Lift Results?
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Lets see some pics!

Mark

#328568 - 05/11/06 11:40 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

x2

#328569 - 05/11/06 12:36 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry it took so long, but I am (at least theoretically) at work today.

Before pics - measurements @ the fender 34.75" front & 35" rear. Notice roll of duct tape for reference.

Just about the only spacer I could get a decent pic of.

Here is where the fuel filler extention comes into play. You don't have much to work with, so make your cut carefully.

Continued below...

#328570 - 05/11/06 12:37 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After pics - measurements @ the fender 36.75" front & 37.5" rear.

Duct tape for reference:

Beer bottle for more appropriate reference:

Here are some out-takes.

Just about all we saw of Adam was his legs:

If you look closely you'll see some sparks from grinding where the radiator mounts were cut off.

It may look like Preston's head is on fire, that just an artifact of my camera trying to take a pic in night mode. I wanted to show that his head fit in the wheel well.

We also replaced the stock shocks with +20% Bils all around on day 2 after we finished Tim's truck. All said & done mine took about 12 hours & Tim's took about 6 since we finally figured out just what we were doing.

I'd like thank Adam for being the hostess with the mostess, never would've been able to do it with out him...& his tools. I'd also like to thank Mark, Jason, Preston, and of course Tim who had to wait until day 2 to even start on his truck.

#328571 - 05/11/06 05:12 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad I could help. Nice pictures!

#328572 - 06/11/06 05:31 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Happy to help Tom. Thanks to all who helped and a huge thanks to Adam for his tools, time and driveway for the weekend.

Now let's decide where we are going and at what time this weekend.

#328573 - 06/11/06 05:39 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you decide to go with the self-tapping screws for the radiator mounting bracket, or use bolts instead?

#328574 - 06/11/06 06:05 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They weren't self tapping and we used them with pilot holes and then added a center carriage bolt to the plate going through to under the condenser. This added about double the rigidity that the kit came with.

Glad I could help guys.

#328575 - 06/11/06 01:30 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks good, now you need some bigger tires! smile

#328576 - 06/11/06 03:29 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
They weren't self tapping and we used them with pilot holes and then added a center carriage bolt to the plate going through to under the condenser. This added about double the rigidity that the kit came with.

Glad I could help guys.
Could you or do you have a picture of this?

#328577 - 06/11/06 08:58 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lmhin2004:
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
[b]They weren't self tapping and we used them with pilot holes and then added a center carriage bolt to the plate going through to under the condenser. This added about double the rigidity that the kit came with.

Glad I could help guys.
Could you or do you have a picture of this?[/b]
It's pretty hard to get in there with the camera and get a decent shot but here you go.

Picture of Bolt added.

Picture of bracket where Bolt added is behind and out of view.

Picture of nut where Bolt added.

Like I said it helped a lot and we'll see how long the supplied hardware stays in. I just couldn't feel confident that the Sheet metal screws they supplied would have any real holding power. Other than some missing washers and a nut, we were able to install the entire kit with modifications and rear bumper relocation in about 6 hours. The first Kit I installed was about 11 hours. [Too much XOC]

#328578 - 07/11/06 07:56 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, be aware that the kit, while mostly complete, had some mismatched hardware. In fact the 2 'self-tapping' screws in my kit weren't the same. There were also differences between mine & Tim's kits (both from AC) such as the fuel line extender on mine was thin walled galvanized steel & his was thick walled & as big as the hose & a real bitch to get on.

They also neglected to tape the boxes all around leaving gaps where the loose hardware could get lost in transit. I suggest doing an inventory when you get you kit so you can get any missing stuff well before you start. I'd also plan on having extra some stuff on hand like hose clamps & such to replace any rusted/worn out parts as you go.

BTW, I found the well written instructions with all the pretty pictures HERE . I printed these out for my lift but forgot where I put them. I still haven't found the damn things.

#328579 - 08/11/06 09:27 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, but I took this at work this morning:

Kinda makes that Pathy look like a station wagon. laugh

#328580 - 08/11/06 10:40 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's gonna be the brave local 2nd Gen that goes the same route? I believe there is a 2" for the 2nd Gen that requires very little in the way of modifications, other than an easy steering extension. The 3" requires a little more work.

#328581 - 08/11/06 10:56 AM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya know...he who speaks first...volunteers!

[Laughing] [Laughing]

#328582 - 08/11/06 01:45 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rog,

We gonna do that body lift the same day as your Daystar? laugh

#328583 - 08/11/06 03:04 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Might as well, huh? Lift that pretty new Gen 2 outta the way from all those nasty rocks.

#328584 - 08/11/06 03:22 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Who's gonna be the brave local 2nd Gen that goes the same route? I believe there is a 2" for the 2nd Gen that requires very little in the way of modifications, other than an easy steering extension. The 3" requires a little more work.
Find me that 2" and I might consider it.

#328585 - 08/11/06 03:28 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]Who's gonna be the brave local 2nd Gen that goes the same route? I believe there is a 2" for the 2nd Gen that requires very little in the way of modifications, other than an easy steering extension. The 3" requires a little more work.
Find me that 2" and I might consider it.[/b]
First lift for Daystar and BL? Still no locker though. wink :p J/K [Wave]

#328586 - 08/11/06 04:45 PM Re: Body Lift Results?
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC sell the 2". They just don't list it on their Website I don't think.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal