2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328012 - 03/01/07 08:05 AM Looking for snow
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kiddo & I are heading to Williams this weekend & we want to play in the snow, but there hasn't been much so far this year.

XROCK, any snow in the Prescott area? I'm planing to go thru Prescott to Sedona to drive Schnebly Hill Road then on to Flag. Am I going to find any snow on the way?

I know some of y'all found snow up on the rim last weekend. That's kinda the wrong way, but I'll do it if I have to.

Any leads will be much appreciated.

#328013 - 03/01/07 08:10 AM Re: Looking for snow
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love Williams - one of my favorite AZ towns. You staying the night up there? If so, Cruizers do awesome steak on the main street (Route 66). Family friendly too.

As soon as I hear they have snow there I'll probably be heading up there, we stay at the Days Inn on the edge of town, which in the winter runs like $35 a night. Jacqueline loves playing in their indoor heated pool.

We have friends who work on the Grand Canyon railway up there.

#328014 - 03/01/07 10:11 AM Re: Looking for snow
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got 18 acres of land about 20 miles north of Willams. Not a lot of snow there, but head over towards flag and snowbowl for more snow.

Pine/Strawberry got clobbered pretty hard last week too. Should be more coming in small quantities on Friday.

#328015 - 03/01/07 11:29 AM Re: Looking for snow
Anonymous
Unregistered

That land is gonna go up in value once Six Flags opens up there!

#328016 - 03/01/07 11:50 AM Re: Looking for snow
Anonymous
Unregistered

After calling around all morning I found out the following:

Prescott is beautiful today, no snow on the ground, highs in the upper 50s.

Sedona proper has no snow on the ground, but Schnebly Hill Road is only open as far as Merry Go Round due to snow at that elevation.

Flagstaff Nordic Center has snow, as does Wing Mountain & Crowley Pit (all on 180 past Snowbowl).

So the new plan is to see as much of Schneby Hill as we can, then double back & take 89 to Flag. After lunch & a stop at Big 5 for a sled, we'll play at the pit for a while before heading to Williams.

Rog, we are staying the night & doing the regular train on Saturday. Dinner & breakfast are included, but I just might have to check out Cruizer's for dinner saturday night. I have to work Sunday morning so was hoping to get home at a decent time, but heck with that. I'll just have to nap at work. laugh

I hadn't heard about a Six Flags there. How cool would that be? [ThumbsUp]

#328017 - 03/01/07 01:06 PM Re: Looking for snow
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
No snow- We do get snow, but it's gone by mid morning and even when it snows all day- nothing sticks. frown

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal