Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323865 - 07/05/07 01:02 PM Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My old house should close at the end of the month if all goes well. Taking the family on a bit of a vacation - Long weekend / 4 Nights in San Diego.

What is a nice hotel over there, walking distance from or on the beach, with a pool etc? Going to take the Sprog to Sea World & San Diego Zoo and need a nice place to stay and relax.

#323866 - 07/05/07 01:17 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to live in Pacific beach and found these two to be the nicest. The surfer motor lodge also had some cool modern type rooms. All three are right on the water 5 minutes from sea world and 10 from the zoo. The catamaran is on the bayside which is literally across the street from the beach side. There are also a ton of condos for rent a stones throw from the water. Hope this helps.

http://www.catamaranresort.com/

http://www.bestwestern-bluesea.com/

#323867 - 07/05/07 01:20 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.bahiahotel.com/

near Mission beach

#323868 - 07/05/07 01:25 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was looking at the Bahia, then read a bunch of crap online reviews for the place which kinda put me off.

#323869 - 07/05/07 01:29 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Bahia is old and feels like the 70's. There is also a brand new hotel on either Diamond or emerald and is supposed to be amazing. I just can't remember the name or find it online.

#323870 - 07/05/07 09:08 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I was looking at the Bahia, then read a bunch of crap online reviews for the place which kinda put me off.
I often take online reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that most people that leave reviews were unhappy with their stay for one reason or another.

Went on a weekend wheeling trip back in January and wasn't in the mood to camp, so started looking for budget hotels in the area. Found an excellent rate at a La Quinta, and the travel site I was on gave it something like 3 out of 5 stars (moderately nice).

Checked out reviews somewhere, and almost all of them were bad. Most mentioned the worn out furniture, threadbare sheets and primarily poor housekeeping. It was one of the nicest budget hotels I've stayed in. Furniture was nearly new, nice fluffy pillows, plush towels, very clean and accomodating.

Figuring the reviews must have been old and the place had maybe since updated everything, I found that the reviews were as recent as the week before I stayed there.

#323871 - 08/05/07 08:08 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Hotel Del on Coronado Island yo!!

Mark

#323872 - 08/05/07 08:23 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NOSUP4U:
Hotel Del on Coronado Island yo!!

Mark
x2!!

http://www.hoteldel.com/?src=ppc_Google_brand

#323873 - 08/05/07 11:36 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We went to Seaworld a few years ago and got a suite at the Holiday Inn about 3-4 miles south...it wasn't right on the beach, but it had a couple rooms, a sofa sleeper, etc. and it didn't break the bank....

#323874 - 08/05/07 07:42 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch - Checked prices at Del, $440 a night + Tax and $22 resort charge for a regular room is a little to steep. Wanna try and keep it under $300 a night.

#323875 - 08/05/07 08:00 PM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Bahia is looking like the place I'm gonna go. Under $300 a night, on the beach, plus they do a package deal with the Seaworld / San Diego Zoo tickets which knocks 10% off the hotel.

#323876 - 09/05/07 11:16 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rinky, I'm staying at the Bahia June 2-6th.....

#323877 - 10/05/07 06:37 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
We stayed at the Bahia once and enjoyed it. We'll probably stay there again.

7o's feel? maybe, but so do most of the hotels is San Diego- Just don't stay at the old hotel in the gaslight district. The windows are paper thin and you can hear every conversation and breath of the people outside.

#323878 - 10/05/07 08:45 AM Re: Nice Hotel in San Diego?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shoot, Hotel Del? That is $$$ but nice for sure. I would try hotels downtown closwer to the conventions center. As long as it is on the outside of the gaslight then you are fne. Try the Hyatt. There is another on there too get one on the water.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal