2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319317 - 11/08/07 06:26 PM pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

#319318 - 11/08/07 09:30 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool pics. Did anyone take on any damage out there?

#319319 - 11/08/07 10:58 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pics!

#319320 - 12/08/07 06:30 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

im not sure yet but soldierx has some nice gouges in her drive shaft , there is one pic of her basically sitting on the rear diff , and i dont know if her rear pass side suspension got messed up , we will have to wait and hear from her
oh and a jeep was taggin along with us he had a bolt missin from his shock so it was hanging loose , then i tried spotting him but he didnt want to listen so he hit a tree lol dent his right from fender

#319321 - 12/08/07 09:20 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good pics [ThumbsUp]
What up w/ the spotting? Looks like Georgie and Timbo were the only two on the right line here..

And Georgie's diff square on that rock? confused

#319322 - 12/08/07 10:11 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh no spotters neccessary lol , it was picture time wink ,except with the red nismo lol i turned back and sheila's wheel was atleast 2ft off the ground , we had to guide her down so no rockerpanel damage was done, other than that not a whole lot of spotting and no real damage just alot of az pinstriping and hopefully no damage on georgie's end

#319323 - 13/08/07 07:52 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Well I'm the bringer of bad news... But I'll Have pics latter today.

For those that went you all knew that Sheila and I were VERY late. On our way out (running a couple minutes late already) from Maricopa witnesses a horible accedent involving a Poniac Sunfire and an older Jeep. Both cars had rolled over. We stopped and stayed until the police officers on sceen asked us to leave.

Sheila spent the entire time in the car of the sunfire talking to the man pinned inside. The Jeep was on its side when we pulled over and the man seemed ok, but pinned at his legs under the dash. The Sunfire looked very bad, but the man was maoning.

I'll leave out all the details because they still turn my stomach, but the man in the Jeep was DOA and the man in the Sunfire died on the way to the hospital in the Life Flight Helecopter.

I know we ended up catching everyone on their way back... We had to get the accedent off our minds. But this is reality, and everyone needs to be safe, on and off the pavement.

For further details: http://www.85239.com/NEWS/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?mid1=390&&ArticleID=363&&name=c&&id=1

My condolences goes out to both familes... And I hope we did do everything we could to help.

As a side note rant... F*!# onlookers stopping right after the accedent... Getting out of thier cars and coming over to see the horible site... Getting back in their cars and driving off, with no offers to help and not even waiting for help to arrive... I hope you people have a similar fate some day, that people just watch you as you suffer. I could not believe ANYONE could do such a thing.

Sorry for the down note guys, but I was texting those on the trail with updates as we tried to decide if we were going and where we were when we did decide to still go (only a couple hours late).

As for pics and damage... Well those will come shortly... Sometime this afternoon... Too long typing here. I gotta get some work done smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#319324 - 13/08/07 07:58 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was a greta day of wheeling, I think. I don't know of any serious damage. Got to run a little of Martinez Canyon, that is pretty gnarly and definately not suited for a stock vehicle. 33's and a locker with full skids would be necessary to make it all the way.

SoldierX got major hung up in Martinez, but I don't think she had any major damage...she made it home at least. [ThumbsUp] Box Canyon has seen a lot of change since the spring. The rains have exposed some of the boulders quite a bit more and it creates new challenges. The cabins look worse than last time (per the usual) some =one was camping or living out there and neglected to put his fire out and was no where to be found. Dumbass.

Thanks for all the pictures and setting it up penski, I'd be happy to wheel with ya anytime. Not sure if I can make the Sedona trip[ yet. Nice Fronty by the way. [ThumbsUp]

#319325 - 13/08/07 08:14 AM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for being good samaritans. Karma is a funny thing.

#319326 - 16/08/07 04:09 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry for tuning in so late, been a busy week, haven't even washed my truck yet. When I get stuck, I really get stuck. I was hung up on my pumpkin, drive shaft, spring hanger and rock slider (all at the same time mind you) damage seems minimal. After the first rock garden of Martinez Canyon, it was decided we turn around. On the way back through going through the first turn around a boulder to avoid a tree and then an even bigger boulder put me in that predicament. Neither of my lockers were working at the time, but didn't know that until I got into the rock garden the first time round and realized they weren't engaging, think it's the air line connections fault. My spring hangers definately need their own skid plates, they're chewed up something awful. Drive shaft has it's own new distinct mark from rotating while pinned on a rock. I had a lot of rumbling and rattling somewhere in the suspension on the passenger side, but went away after about an hour and never did find out what caused it. I guess I'll find out when the bottom falls out from under my truck while driving down the highway. I had a great time with everyone and now at least I know there is absolutely no way I'd take my truck up Martinez Canyon unless I was prepared to take on that kind of punishment. laugh

#319327 - 16/08/07 04:13 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Drive shaft has it's own new distinct mark from rotating while pinned on a rock
Not for nothing, but if it's gouged bad enough, it'll send harmonic distortion (vibration) right through your entire driveline, quickly reducing it's lifespan.. eek

#319328 - 16/08/07 05:06 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a closer look at it this weekend and have it addressed if it's more than just scratched. My main hang up and weight was on the pumpkin, but the driveshaft was touching a rock, how much is unknown.

#319329 - 16/08/07 05:37 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least I'm not stuck here

MadmanX looks 1/2 dirty and 1/2 clean

Penski on a notorious hill, this hill is more washed out now, lots of loose rock from the rain.

T-Ray in Box Canyon

Yes, we did pick up a stray, he was trying to catch his group (Virtual jeep club), he ended up being ahead of them. He did the trip and a portion of Martinez Canyon with a disconnected front shock. Nice to meet ya Bill!

#319330 - 16/08/07 06:06 PM Re: pics of box/martinez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics, SoldierX. That was a fun day even in the blazing heat getting your rear end off the rock!

Next time you run it with working lockers it will be a breeze.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal