Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329573 - 11/08/07 12:49 AM Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

My truck has started running hot & it's time to do my timing belt so I'm looking for an eastside dealer that gives us a discount.

I know Adam (among others) swears by Peoria Nissan, but that's a long drive. I'm also guessing it'll be an all day job & that's a long time to hang out at the dealership.

Power Nissan in Chandler is the closest @ 12 miles & Power Tempe is about 2 miles from work, but I don't think we have a relationship with either of them. That leaves Pinnacle @ 25 miles & I doubt they'd be willing to shuttle me back & forth or loan me a Versa for the day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#329574 - 11/08/07 12:57 AM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did it start running hot after Fat Tire? Maybe you have a bunch of mud in your radiator??

If you aren't in your warranty period anymore, I would suggest going anywhere else but the dealer for the timing belt, but that is just me.

#329575 - 11/08/07 06:47 AM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about Midway i thought we had an in there. smile

#329576 - 11/08/07 09:16 AM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah Ted, I thought it was mud too. I took the power washer to it but it still runs hot. Not to the point of overheating, but hot enough that I can't run my A/C fulltime.

As for the warranty, I'm way past that. wink

I'm hoping I just got something wet & it'll clear up on its own like my TPS did. Of course I keep hoping to win the Powerball too. laugh

I don't mind paying to get the work done, as long as its done right & the price is fair. I understand you have to 'pay to play', I just don't want to get gouged in the process.

Waldo - I'm in Mesa now, so Midway isn't a good option either. If I'm going that far, I might as well just continue on to Peoria.

#329577 - 11/08/07 11:13 AM Re: Dealer discounts
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
In reading through the mudding threads, there is a common theme - take the hour or so to pull the radiator out, then wash it from behind. Seems to make all the difference.

Your dealer will have to take it out when they do the belt - ask 'em if you can pick it up then go get it cleaned. Not only will they clean the outside, but rod out the inside. Every bit helps in the desert. If you lived in Vegas, I could recommend a great shop in Henderson that's been there forever and does a great job for not allot of money. Got nothing for Phoenix, sorry smile

#329578 - 13/08/07 08:05 AM Re: Dealer discounts
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Power Nissan in Tempe hates me even when I was bringing in a fully covered truck. Though it has to go in AGAIN for a stripped bolt in the roof rack (no I didn't do it... It won't come out or screw in).

What I was told when I only had aftermarked skids. That I was too hard and abusive on my truck, and I drove too much. This was because the almost perfect looking skids (they hadn't hit a trail yet) and the AZ pinstriping gave me away as an off-roader. I fear going back for the bolt on the roof. They will want my truck for another day. They won't quote under 4 hours for a repair no matter how simple.

Oh but both flats from the Frontie and the X were honnered with some complaining and new rubber was given to us. No labor, only rubber but on the rims took them from 7:00AM to 3:30PM. We called at 1PM and they quoted a completion time of 3:30PM. But they said if we took the tires elsewhere the warenty would not have been honered (including a different dealer). Because we lived in the same house hold. Even though the damage was two different trucks, that just happened on the same weekend. We were, and i quote, told "to not make a claim a week apart if you ever have this happen again". What the h*ll kinda waranty is that?

We have been trying to get ahold of the Assistant GM and GM for a week without a single returned call. Probably calling again today and threaten to make a complaint to Nissan about thier service.

Peroria Nissan is a huge drive... But well worth it. Brad there is awsome. If you need a ride to and from let me know since we work a block apart. I just night drop my truck on Sundays and drive back out Monday evening to pick it up (have to pick it up before 6 though).

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#329579 - 13/08/07 08:40 AM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I made an appointment with Jim Miller at Power Tempe for tomorrow morning.

We had a long talk & he assured me that they could have it done in a day. I mentioned AZXC & Nissan4Wheelers & he knows about the parts discount. I mentioned the other dealers we deal with (Peoria, Avondale & Pinnacle) & that we've been looking for a friendly dealer on the eastside. I also dropped Brad's name & mentioned how highly Peoria is recommended.

Tommorow I'll be sure to let him know I'll be giving a full report at the next meeting. I'll also mention the warranty issues some of our members (:cough: Madman) have been having & the possible bad PR. We'll see if I leave with a handful of business cards or not.

#329580 - 14/08/07 11:40 AM Re: Dealer discounts
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Hey, if all works well I'll complain again to get my 3rd Tech to get my truck worked on.

Can't wait to hear how things go... Cause that bolt on my roof is preventing mods (light bar). smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#329581 - 14/08/07 02:21 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Hey, if all works well I'll complain again to get my 3rd Tech to get my truck worked on.

Can't wait to hear how things go... Cause that bolt on my roof is preventing mods (light bar). smile

-MadManX
You can fix it yourself, just means removing the headliner (Real PITA it seems). If you check the Next Gen forum there are people who have gone through the same problems.

#329582 - 15/08/07 04:30 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well...(I left my paperwork at home, so I'm doing this from memory)

The timing belt was quoted at $825 but did not include replacing the water pump. I opted to have it done anyway since they were in there.

I also had some other stuff done that really couldn't wait until the 120k mark. I had the cooling system, power steering & tranny flushed. I've been sitting on the steering since my body lift so that wasn't too much of a surprise.

The throttle postion sensor has been throwing codes now & then for a while so I did that & cleaned the throttle body & injectors.

I also had the horn fixed, oil changed & the battery serviced. Ever since I lost the red cover for the positive terminal the buildup has been bad & baking soda only goes so far.

Bottom line was $1900, of which $1300 was labor. Ouch! It hurt but I'm not to surprised. About $500 of that was stuff to be done in about 10k miles anyway, so the only big stuff left for next time will be the transfer case & pumpkins.

As for the service part, Jim delivered as promised. The truck was done by 4:00, the bill came in $30 over the estimate & they found the stuff I (deliberately) didn't mention. All around they gave me a complete & honest assessment & I can't really complain.

When I mentioned the warranty issues he gave me the old 'driver abuse' song & dance, but that really didn't surprise me. All things being equal, I'm sure Peoria is still the better choice.

Adam - if we still want an eastside location for meetings I've got his card (at home :rolleyes: ) with his direct number.

#329583 - 15/08/07 06:48 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch - glad you are happy tho. Seems like a huge ass bill but that is a pretty big job and she should be good now for another 100k

#329584 - 15/08/07 08:15 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pardon me gents.. smile
Roger, check the "important site info" thread in General over there.. tia

#329585 - 15/08/07 08:22 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

DAMN Tom! I'm sorry I couldn't find the time to help save you some dough. At least you have a professional job and let us know if you have any followup issues.

#329586 - 15/08/07 10:29 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Bottom line was $1900, of which $1300 was labor.
You do get what you play for. The last time I "saved" $1300 in labor my truck was on blocks for 60 days while I learned how to do the work one mistake at a time.

#329587 - 17/08/07 10:42 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam & I talked about trying it DIY, but decided against it.

I did the head rebuild on my old Hornet myself with a buddy & Haynes manual. It took us a month of Sundays, but we did it. Of course I didn't have any real responsibilities back then & I could afford to hoof it to work.

#329588 - 21/08/07 12:31 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone used Peoria Nissan to have their timing belt replace? If so, how long ago and what was the average cost. And who was the service adviser you used?

#329589 - 21/08/07 12:36 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brad Earnest is the MAN! I know Dan (DBAX) had his done there, but don't know at what cost, etc.

You may want to do the Water pump and some other incedentals while you're in there which can and will up the costs.

#329590 - 21/08/07 12:37 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

So Tom, how's she running?

#329591 - 21/08/07 06:29 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

So far so good. She threw some codes the next day (P0325 Knock Sensor & P1148 Closed Loop B1) but I cleared 'em & they haven't come back. I'm guessing they were just artifacts from the service.

The next thing is (hopefully) going to be a Shrock front bumper & some lights. Is Joannie still able to receive freight at work? Do we have a Mod day on the books yet?

PS: AZ-Ted -- I can't send you PMs or email. Hit me up.

#329592 - 21/08/07 06:38 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad the Codes went/stayed away. [ThumbsUp]

Joannie can still get the frieght, but I would definately get it ordered ASAP since she won't be there after mid November some time. If it comes after that it won't be a problem, but she won't be there to let me know it arrived and could sit a day or so.

C/O Universal Fog
1808 S 1st Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85003

#329593 - 21/08/07 10:32 PM Re: Dealer discounts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom, I just fixed my profile. PMs and email are turned on now.

smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal