2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319590 - 04/02/08 10:23 AM Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok guys, I've been in short talks with Desert Fab, and I believe they are open to giving us the same deal they are giving to my other club. Details are still going to be hammered out, as I am not sure 100% what they are, but it is more help for all the Phoenix guys. I'll post up once more information comes along, but if you want to call these guys.

#319591 - 04/02/08 01:48 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

What all do they do?

#319592 - 04/02/08 01:53 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's a fab shop. they can make u bumpers, slider's, can install lifts, and the like. IF anyone is ordering shrock, they offered to have it shipped to them, and it will be cheaper. stuff like that.

and.. welcome? introduction?

#319593 - 04/02/08 04:53 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

4961 S. Pinal Suite 2
Apache Junction, AZ 85220

how bout calmini stuff?

#319594 - 04/02/08 05:27 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

umm, I believe they sponsor XOC, not sure about discounts. just gotta swallow it wit em. but I'm hoping the details go through, cause we got a deal wit em, just not sure yet.

#319595 - 04/02/08 05:37 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

who desert fab or calmini?
coo tho, good work whatever the case..

#319596 - 04/02/08 05:41 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmmm - thinking about an SAS for the 4Runner. Think they would do that kinda stuff?

#319597 - 04/02/08 06:03 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, they do SAS. from what I understand, they are good at what they do. So,

the contact is with Desert Fab.

I'm not sure why Calmini came up in this.
dang threadjackers

#319598 - 04/02/08 10:28 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
yes, they do SAS. from what I understand, they are good at what they do. So,

the contact is with Desert Fab.

I'm not sure why Calmini came up in this.
dang threadjackers
was wondering if they had calmini discounts as well as shrockworks.. laugh

#319599 - 05/02/08 07:20 AM Re: Desert Fab
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Hmmmmm - thinking about an SAS for the 4Runner. Think they would do that kinda stuff?
Wally's Fab guy after the meeting (well ok a couple hours after the meeeting) was showing us some very cool stuff about SASing in general and generalizing it to our rigs. Since he works with Wally and Wally's shop has offered to beat anyones quote... Might want to talk to them too smile

BTW... That truck in the video AZ-Ted posted... He built that (said it was almost 6k though to SAS it).

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#319600 - 05/02/08 07:44 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]Hmmmmm - thinking about an SAS for the 4Runner. Think they would do that kinda stuff?
Wally's Fab guy after the meeting (well ok a couple hours after the meeeting) was showing us some very cool stuff about SASing in general and generalizing it to our rigs. Since he works with Wally and Wally's shop has offered to beat anyones quote... Might want to talk to them too smile

BTW... That truck in the video AZ-Ted posted... He built that (said it was almost 6k though to SAS it).

-MadManX[/b]
I'll only need help with some welding of spring mounts etc. Will be doing the rest myself, might even take a welding class and do the whole thing myself. A kit for the 4Runner costs circa $1100, plus a few hundred for a Doner axle. About the cheapest rig there is to SAS.

#319601 - 05/02/08 08:10 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

once i get a job, and once my truck is paid off and and leaves warranty, its getting a SAS. then I have to purchase myself another truck, to carry that one arround. ahh the glory of wasting money

#319602 - 05/02/08 09:23 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

what we waste money doing this?? :p
i thought it was an investment, well in fun anyway..

#319603 - 06/02/08 12:03 AM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky 13:
what we waste money doing this?? :p
Well lez put it this way. U kill the resale value. You put in parts just to break them. and you lose it all with one mistake. I would say it's a waste of money. but once you start wheeling, it's like cocaine. u can't stop, if u do it kills u [LOL]

#319604 - 06/02/08 05:44 AM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

isnt America great! [Argue]

#319605 - 06/02/08 07:37 AM Re: Desert Fab
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Hey I think a SASed X or (finally) a Fronty converted with a full Titan suspension is worth money. You only lose out if you trade it in. 3rd party man... There are plenty of people that want to buy a finished project instead of doing it themsleves.

BTW... Everything has been confirmed, the Fronty is a go... Now I'm on the hunt for a donor Titan. Well and the cash for it... But, as of today, I will now be working for the City of Tempe (I start in 2 weeks). That should clear out the CC for a project. And I'll need some help for sure, either the club or a shop smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#319606 - 06/02/08 04:39 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky 13:
[b]what we waste money doing this?? :p
Well lez put it this way. U kill the resale value. You put in parts just to break them. and you lose it all with one mistake. I would say it's a waste of money. but once you start wheeling, it's like cocaine. u can't stop, if u do it kills u [LOL] [/b]
soooooooo, ur a crack head? or block head maybe (4x4)?

you kill the resale value? even if you put all the stock parts back on? short of a sas that is. and at a certain point the older trucks increase with upgrades (go gen 1s yet again).. oooo i might have to start that debate (gen 1 vs gen 2 [Argue] )...

#319607 - 06/02/08 05:51 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, putting aftermarket parts on trucks, when it comes to wheeling, actually does'nt increase it. Cause it doesn't appeal to the average joe who is looking for a used SUV. if u sell a modded truck,
it's going to be looked at by ppl who want to wheel.

Yes, you can take all the parts off and sell it that way, but the truck will be so banged up, might as well donate it to charity, or get cents on the dollar for it.

Now my opinion is that gen1's are slightly better, only because their diff's don't blow. if nissan was smart, then they would have upgrade the diff's for gen2's, other than the diff's gen2, outdo the gen1's anyday

#319608 - 06/02/08 06:24 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ok, putting aftermarket parts on trucks, when it comes to wheeling, actually does'nt increase it. Cause it doesn't appeal to the average joe who is looking for a used SUV. if u sell a modded truck,
it's going to be looked at by ppl who want to wheel.

Yes, you can take all the parts off and sell it that way, but the truck will be so banged up, might as well donate it to charity, or get cents on the dollar for it.

Now my opinion is that gen1's are slightly better, only because their diff's don't blow. if nissan was smart, then they would have upgrade the diff's for gen2's, other than the diff's gen2, outdo the gen1's anyday
unless there looking under the truck they wont see anything wrong with it.. laugh
besides how old my truck is at this point its not worth as much as it used to, and decreses in valu anyway.

and as far as gen 1vs2 i have 2 words for ya
torsion bars!
as in pml for beginners. the biggest difference for the gen 2 is its a little bigger and is more about looks than offroad.
(i revert back to the formentioned diffs)

#319609 - 06/02/08 06:30 PM Re: Desert Fab
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Hey I think a SASed X or (finally) a Fronty converted with a full Titan suspension is worth money. You only lose out if you trade it in. 3rd party man... There are plenty of people that want to buy a finished project instead of doing it themsleves.

And I'll need some help for sure, either the club or a shop smile

-MadManX
very true and most of them are from scottsdale $$$$$... and have rich mommys and daddys..

be happy to help out any time..

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal