2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328728 - 12/02/08 04:09 PM Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well my rear diff is dead. Midway is warranting it out, but the part won't be here until next week.

When I read about other peoples rear diff failing at 10K miles, I am happy to have reached 40K miles before it failed. For those of you with the OR, I highly suggest getting the extended warranty if you don't have it already.

#328729 - 12/02/08 05:05 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

gen 2 diffs strike again huh??

#328730 - 12/02/08 06:05 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Well my rear diff is dead. Midway is warranting it out, but the part won't be here until next week.

When I read about other peoples rear diff failing at 10K miles, I am happy to have reached 40K miles before it failed. For those of you with the OR, I highly suggest getting the extended warranty if you don't have it already.
Got it....also got 67k and fingers crossed [Uh Oh !]

#328731 - 12/02/08 06:09 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
The rear isn't as common, but still know to happen. I hope you have your rig back before Sat. I could use a tour guide if we head to Table Mesa laugh

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#328732 - 12/02/08 08:42 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
The rear isn't as common, but still know to happen. I hope you have your rig back before Sat. I could use a tour guide if we head to Table Mesa laugh

-MadManX
Randy, I won't get my truck back until sometime next week. I'll be the tour guide if I can ride shotgun.

#328733 - 13/02/08 05:33 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, so this is where I'm chiming in with "GEN 1 RULES!"

#328734 - 13/02/08 06:35 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
MadManX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
[b]The rear isn't as common, but still know to happen. I hope you have your rig back before Sat. I could use a tour guide if we head to Table Mesa laugh

-MadManX
Randy, I won't get my truck back until sometime next week. I'll be the tour guide if I can ride shotgun.[/b]
You're always welcome shotgun with me. I'll PM you my number.

Hopefully... T-Ray chimes in since it was his idea to begin with and I can get Onix out too (I know he is busy during the day though) and we might have a few people out there.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#328735 - 13/02/08 07:59 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bummer Ted, warranty's are a good thing [ThumbsUp]

#328736 - 13/02/08 08:57 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Bummer Ted, warranty's are a good thing [ThumbsUp]
Is that a new Gen2 Bumper sticker? [Uh Oh !]

Seriously though, that sucks.

I wonder if there'll be a class action after these rigs get out of warranty? There wouldn't be much use in going to a Junk Yard for a donor, when you know it won't be any better than what you are replacing. :rolleyes:

#328737 - 13/02/08 07:16 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just rolled by 36500 miles and decided against extending my factory warranty. May actually get rid of the X in the next 12 months and get a car.

#328738 - 13/02/08 07:18 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Just rolled by 36500 miles and decided against extending my factory warranty. May actually get rid of the X in the next 12 months and get a car.
When you gonna take out the yota and play!

#328739 - 13/02/08 07:20 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
[b]Just rolled by 36500 miles and decided against extending my factory warranty. May actually get rid of the X in the next 12 months and get a car.
When you gonna take out the yota and play![/b]
Have a wheel bearing problem right now - well that's what I think it is anyway. Front left wheel is making a weird noise every rotation. Ordered a new set of wheel bearings today - so will need to install those. But other than that - she is pretty much ready to go.

Will run her unlocked for a little while, then an Aussie locker is going in.

Here she is after the last round of mods 2 months ago. Installed Manual Hubs since then:

#328740 - 13/02/08 09:00 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

lookin' good Rog [ThumbsUp]

#328741 - 14/02/08 09:26 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah roger I like it....

#328742 - 14/02/08 03:05 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SoldierX:
ok, so this is where I'm chiming in with "GEN 1 RULES!"
[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

Correct!

#328743 - 15/02/08 11:23 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey az-ted what did midway say about all of your shrock stuff. did they give you any hassle?

#328744 - 15/02/08 11:48 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

The service writer and some of the mechanics liked my front and rear bumpers. No hassle at all. I did remove my engine, tranny, tcase, and diff skids before bringing it in. I did this so they could have easy access to the underside.

#328745 - 15/02/08 12:12 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
MadManX Offline

Peoria gets a kick out of mine every time... They even "check the tread depth" on my MTs last time. Brad said they must have been bored to add that to my service order laugh

Hey slmh1296, I have a shrock rear carrier if you're interested.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

#328746 - 15/02/08 01:54 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Peoria gets a kick out of mine every time...
:rolleyes:
Yeah, they get such a kick out of it, you were cited as the reason all repairs are now done by a Nissan inspector.. Apperantly, word got out somehow, that Peoria would handle any repairs no questions asked. They've completely changed their practice because they like you so much..

#328747 - 15/02/08 03:00 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to here there was no hassle, so it sounds like Peoria is not so forgiving anymore. funny you mentioned Brad one of my friends is pretty good friends with him. MadManX do not have the $$ right now but maybe soon month or two, how much? I have a friend that wheels in SoCal with the XOC there I could drop him a line. My friend and myself go back and fourth to CA couple times of year he races here I have family out there so shipping may not be a issue.

#328748 - 15/02/08 04:13 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peoria, Brad in peticular always treated us well, but I also never had something that wasn't a legitimate claim. Until I rolled it anyways. I doubt they would have covered any of the broken drive train ect. eek Hey Brad I hear this thunking in the front end, you mind taking a look? [LOL]

#328749 - 16/02/08 11:08 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
Peoria gets a kick out of mine every time...
:rolleyes:
Yeah, they get such a kick out of it, you were cited as the reason all repairs are now done by a Nissan inspector.. Apperantly, word got out somehow, that Peoria would handle any repairs no questions asked. They've completely changed their practice because they like you so much..
Hmmm... does that mean I shouldn't go there with my blown diff?

#328750 - 17/02/08 06:39 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give Brad a call 623-695-1299 and see what he can do for you Mikhail. I'm sure you are warranty as you don't have a lift or oversized tires. Tell him I sent you and you'll get the a-hole rate. J.K.!

Good luck!

#328751 - 17/02/08 09:51 PM Re: Rear Diff Death
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
What? A second gen diff failure? Unheard of! smile

Damn, sorry dude. frown

#328752 - 18/02/08 07:08 AM Re: Rear Diff Death
MadManX Offline

All my repairs are pretty much legit... I've always told Brad if it's my fault to let me know. So far the only bad thing I've had that was from me was the over heating. I wasn't cleaning the radiator enough after each trip... So now Its done no matter if I'm hitting mud or not.

I don't think Brad is covering things that are outside of what Nissan should be covering. He is just not making us have to fight over things that are totally Nissans fault.

My truck was even in a week ago to get a new AC controller, a back cargo cover (mine had screws falling out and sqeeked something awfull when there was no gear back there), and the hood looked at because I had tried everything to get it to stop sqeeking (the put a sh*t load of grease all over the latch), and gave me some pointers on how to posible clean the radiator better. Oh and for some reason they checked my tread depth on my tires (I don't think I complained there). So all was legit except the cleaning the radator. He did clean it out for me still, and I won't be taking it in for that again (or the Fronty). Other than than, nothing was wheeling related.

I know when I lose a diff, its gunna be a fight. Probably to the point that if I do have to give in. I'm going to either find a ways to SAS the truck or get some V8 Pathy parts and go that route for now. Its unfair that I even need to consider that as an option though.

-MadManX
2007 Red NISMO Frontier

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal