Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322505 - 29/02/08 02:03 PM Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

I posted this under suspensions too, but wanted to see what the locals think.

OK I am going to go ahead and do the following lift:
http://www.purenissan.com/2_5_shackle_kit.htm I have researched alot and I think I am aware of all the challenges with the UCA, but I have two questions.

1. Has anyone seen a write up on the install with pics for this specific kit, or any spacer shackle kit its pretty much the same? (I will try to do one if there isn't one out there)

2. I am still under drivetrain warranty, does this void it?

I am a noob and have a 06 S Xterra 4X4, going to buy the BFG All Terrains after I get the lift kit and then do the alignment. I am open to all comments suggestions. All help is appreciated.
thanks!

#322506 - 29/02/08 02:38 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Calmini is extremely backed up right now. if u do order it, it'll be at least 3 weeks before they'll ship.

Call Greg at PRG 951-780-5331, tell him what u want done to ur truck, he'll gladly help out. I wouldn't use shackles, it'll flatten out ur leaf pack, and then ur rear will sag, and u'll have more problems.

let us know what happens.

for alignment, go to firestone and purchase lifetime alignment. it'll pay for itself in 2 trips.

#322507 - 29/02/08 04:46 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yasha, what experience do you have with 4wd vehicles prior to this one? Did you ever modify anything prior to your Xterra?

#322508 - 29/02/08 06:06 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see you are in Gilbert - I'm on the Mesa Gilbert border and can certainly help with the shackles in the rear. I think we could probably figure out the front end too - pretty easy stuff.

#322509 - 29/02/08 06:34 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Calmini is extremely backed up right now. if u do order it, it'll be at least 3 weeks before they'll ship.

Call Greg at PRG 951-780-5331, tell him what u want done to ur truck, he'll gladly help out. I wouldn't use shackles, it'll flatten out ur leaf pack, and then ur rear will sag, and u'll have more problems.

let us know what happens.

for alignment, go to firestone and purchase lifetime alignment. it'll pay for itself in 2 trips.
I am going about what I know already. and what happened to me in the last few months.

OK, i have little experience so, I won't share what I have with the rest.

#322510 - 29/02/08 06:40 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rinky,
I live at Mcqueen and Warner which is on the chandler and gilbert border and close to the mesa border, we are probably real close.

Does anyone think I shouldn't do this? The only downside I can gather is it may bottom out a little easier than now with some upper control arm contact. I then read I may be able to prevent that by adding some bump stops to the top of my shocks, or that there are some EVO foam bushings that will fit on my shocks to help cushion the blow. Everyone feel I am on he right track?

Oh and time isn't an issue, I can wait three weeks if that is the only issue with Calmini.

#322511 - 29/02/08 07:23 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like your on the write track from what ive been reading...

#322512 - 29/02/08 07:30 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I can say is that I had the Daystar Lift, which consisted of spacers and shackles.

Only problem on the install was how tight they put that lower bolt on for the struts. You better have some half-inch sockets and a breaker bar with extensions. We found that disconnecting the upper control arms' ball joint worked well and using a jack under the spindle/lower control arm ball joint helped to get things back together.

Rear is a no brainer, the shackles are just a tad longer and I would recommend greaseable over non. Don't forget you'll need longer shocks to take advantage of the longer travel the suspension can now travel and without them you can rip a loop off of the shock. Personally I never got around to it and the Bilstiens took the abuse fine.

Definately get the alignment. All places pretty much suck so just go anywhere or set it up yourself, however being under warranty, you may want to pay someone.

And as far as Warranty, take the part off if you have an issue so it isn't. As easy as it is, it shouldn't be an issue to do so. IMHO

Have fun and hope to see you around. [Wave]

#322513 - 29/02/08 09:28 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
The rear end of my truck did not sag and I had the very first Daystar lift every made. I even had the prototype on my truck

#322514 - 29/02/08 10:51 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
The rear end of my truck did not sag and I had the very first Daystar lift every made. I even had the prototype on my truck
maximus?

#322515 - 01/03/08 02:01 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't really know then, my rear is sagging quite a bit, noticeable.

#322516 - 01/03/08 06:14 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey whats up Asu i have done probably about 6 lifts on frontiers and the x's share the same setup so if u want to do it fast let me know haha , they are some trick i have to get it done pretty fast , if you dont have camber bolts with offset washers i would recommend on pick those up , some people say u dont need them with 2.5" lift but id recommend it
also one one guys lift we actually put a bump stop on the factory upper control arm which helped quite a bit , one thing i will give u a heads up about if u plan on doin a heavy bumper in the future youll need to remove these spacers and go with either ac coil springs or radflos

oh im on chandler blv and mcclintock

#322517 - 01/03/08 07:50 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post up when the kit arrives and I'll come on down. You have tools etc? If not I have jack stands, jack, 1/2" sockets & breaker bar.

#322518 - 02/03/08 10:13 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Yasha, what experience do you have with 4wd vehicles prior to this one? Did you ever modify anything prior to your Xterra?
I'm sure he's just going off of current or even previous expierence. calm down sir.

#322519 - 02/03/08 10:15 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, if you're wondering about what folks think about the calmini lift take a look over at TheNewX.org alot of reviews, write-ups and other great information on just about anything to do with our 2nd gens.

#322520 - 03/03/08 07:34 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Spacers can Shackles for a Gen2 should work out pretty cool... And If your still interested in the OR packege suspension components I have laying around you can add that too for an extra 1/2 inch lift (accourding to the service manual). Plus its all the bilstien stuff.

Greg at PRG is a great guy to work with if you get him on the phone. He does have spacers at a good price, but his shackles are pricy, but they are adjustible. I have his shakles on my truck maxed out to 4.5" of lift. To make up for the saging leaf pack I have. He ships them set at 3".

I'll gladly help you install anything your interested in, and if you want to do the full swap of everything... Let me know there too.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#322521 - 05/03/08 10:13 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok just ordered the kit should ship in about 6 days... I will let you all know when it comes in!

#322522 - 05/03/08 10:30 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
Ok just ordered the kit should ship in about 6 days... I will let you all know when it comes in!
Nice... Yell if you want help installing... And if you wanna drive to Maricopa, I have air tools smile

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#322523 - 05/03/08 06:22 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto help is near or far! laugh

#322524 - 06/03/08 08:32 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

hibidibibidipibidiii!

#322525 - 07/03/08 05:49 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonazx:
hibidibibidipibidiii!
What he said. How ya doing Jason?

#322526 - 07/03/08 08:18 AM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonazx:
[b]hibidibibidipibidiii!
What he said. How ya doing Jason?[/b]
Ya know, livin the good life with 35's, solid axles, and lockers... Ya know, the simple stuff!

I did get a new pup though! His name is "Cruiser".

That's the most current!

#322527 - 08/03/08 12:08 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

got the lift today! So I ordered it on Tuesday and 3 days later it is at my door! I'll let you all know when I plan on installing.

#322528 - 08/03/08 12:36 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
got the lift today! So I ordered it on Tuesday and 3 days later it is at my door! I'll let you all know when I plan on installing.
My apologies, the word was out the Calmini was delaying shipments, i was mistaken. Good luck, the truck will look good smile , just watch for the sagging.

#322529 - 08/03/08 01:06 PM Re: Noob Putting in the Calmini 2.5 lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
the word was out
whose word did you take?
confused

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal