Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327980 - 28/04/08 09:22 AM AZXC Gallery Back!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've successfully gotten the Gallery Link working again.

It doesn't have any of the old users, etc. so all that was lost, but the newer version is much easier to understand.

I don't know how many want to upload to it, but I'll setup an account for anyone that wants it (Members Only Please). Send me a PM with what you want your password to be and I'll use your screen name for the User ID/Logon.

I found that as a user, you only have the ability to upload 5 (Now Ten) files at a time, which is time consuming. I've been doing batch uploads, which is also time consuming, waiting on the FTP to finish uploading. Not to mention I have to resize everything first so it doesn't take too much space. I'm sizing to 800 X 600, but you can go up to 1024 X 768, however you're limited to 1MB file size.

As I have time, I'll upload all the images I have from the last year or so.

I spent the better part of Sunday also converting everything over to Frontpage. This will make keeping the Website up to date much easier, instead of doing everything via code.

If there are any questions on how to make it work, I'll answer them here so others can learn.

Basically, you have to have an album to put stuff into, so you need to create it before trying to upload any files.

I'm segregating out the Xcursions (Year) into their own category with albums for each of the events/xcursions contained in their own album. These are available for anyone to upload files to.

For Poser shots and stuff you did on your own, that wasn't an official event, I ask that you put them under the "my gallery" and have your own albums there.

Anyways, too much information to put here at one time.

Your Webmaster,
Adam [Wave]

#327981 - 28/04/08 09:26 AM Re: AZXC Gallery Back!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also wanted to add, looking through these old pictures brings to mind a lot of very good times with you guys.

Thanks for the fond memories and here's to many more. [drink] [ThumbsUp]

#327982 - 29/04/08 08:35 AM Re: AZXC Gallery Back!
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Not to bash all your great work on the site Adam... But I think I'll be sticking to just the Photobucket Album I've been using. I have to jump so many hoops for that already and I have other boards, friends, and family going there now for pictures too.

Unless... Is there a way to batch up the same photos I've already been posting. And do we have space restrictions? ... My images are under a meg a piece but sometimes there is close to 500 pics from a trip. Oh and what about videos? Since I finally started taking some clips here lately.

Oh... I could post up old images I have, but there is a few hundred megs worth of Official and Unofficial trips dating all the way back to my first run with XOC in Box Canyon last year.

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#327983 - 29/04/08 09:02 AM Re: AZXC Gallery Back!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Not to bash all your great work on the site Adam... But I think I'll be sticking to just the Photobucket Album I've been using. I have to jump so many hoops for that already and I have other boards, friends, and family going there now for pictures too.

Unless... Is there a way to batch up the same photos I've already been posting. And do we have space restrictions? ... My images are under a meg a piece but sometimes there is close to 500 pics from a trip. Oh and what about videos? Since I finally started taking some clips here lately.

Oh... I could post up old images I have, but there is a few hundred megs worth of Official and Unofficial trips dating all the way back to my first run with XOC in Box Canyon last year.

-MadManX
I'm still going to use my own places (Google) for files, but this is for Club stuff, however, under your My Gallery, you can put whatever you want to share.

I've been thinking about asking people if they want to upload a ton of stuff, I could get a disk from you, upload it to the server and then batch add them for you. All you would have to do is have the Album created first, unless I know it was for X trip.

Space? I think we are about 6% right now with like .01% Bandwith, so we're good for some time.

I found there is a lot of stuff on the backend that isn't being utilized and want to fix those links so it works again. Stuff goes back to nearly day one of the club.

Video, I haven't tried to upload one. Supposedly it will do it. I didn't see anywhere in the ADMIN controls a size limit for them, so I don't think it will work. I actually like to use Youtube/Google Video anyways. This Gallery is more for people to share their experience with the Club.

I'll give you an account if you want to experiment with it. Just send me a PM with what you want the Password to be.

Thanks!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal