2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321428 - 25/03/08 06:57 AM Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys, I'm hoping to capture everything I need to change in this thread and do it all at once. I have a lot of changes to make.

My profile is obviously off, as is Dan's and Scott's, so list out what needs changed.

We have some new members as well who may not have a profile page yet and I want to make sure they have their space.

For the profiles, Just send plain text, Ie. Notepad file with the information that you want shown and a full sized picture that you want used and I'll resize it as needed. Conundrumaz@gmail.com

Thanks!

PS. Someday I'd like to get another gallery up and running, any thoughts/vendor's, etc.?

#321429 - 25/03/08 07:02 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Adam! [ThumbsUp]

#321430 - 25/03/08 08:31 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Adam please feel free to take off the Modifications heading and the stuff listed under it also there will be No Future Mods so that can go too. That should about do it.

Thanks for your time and effort in the website. I do appreciate it.

#321431 - 25/03/08 11:35 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

For gallery, I think a Flickr account for $25/year would work. Unlimited number of pictures on the cheap?

#321432 - 25/03/08 11:42 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by karlover007:
For gallery, I think a Flickr account for $25/year would work. Unlimited number of pictures on the cheap?
We already have a fair amount of space and bandwith, so really I'd like to just get rid of Coppermine and find something similar, but more user friendly, Ie. batch uploads, etc. Keep in mind the intent is that everyone that is a Member can upload their photos/videos to the same place to share.

I'll have to look around as I really haven't had the time to redesign the whole thing.

#321433 - 25/03/08 02:08 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you again for all your hard work with the web stuff Adam

#321434 - 25/03/08 03:20 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adam, you still have the update list I'd sent you, right? Go with that.. Same pic until I come up w/ something better. (Gotta' wheel soon or head will explode.. [Freak] )

#321435 - 03/04/08 04:30 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

TTT

#321436 - 03/04/08 07:21 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

well mine is an 05 and if you could pick a picture from Madmans photos of my rig as it looks now would be great any pic is fine by me. Adam thanks again as i think you helped me with the picture that is currently up now Thanks again for all your help Adam. I wouldn't even know how to do what you do on the web site so thanks again.
Waldo/Onix laugh

#321437 - 04/04/08 08:24 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Ahh... I don't even have a profile, but I'm making so many changes over the next couple weeks I'm not sure if pulling a mod list would be worth it. Pics almost too... Since a suspension change is in the works and a light bar might be in the near future.

You know I do web work to pay for my rig right? ... Just get me the info to do updates with and I can just update it myself laugh

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#321438 - 07/04/08 02:34 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
NOSUP4U Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Adam! Here are my updates:

For occupation, can you change mine to Poker Player, and Shannon's to Nurse.

After the Thor mod, can you put (gone with new roof rack)

Can you add:
Calmini Steering System
Calmini Roof Rack

to the end of the mods.

Also, on the members main page, can you link my name to my email addy (mark@azxterraclub.com)

Thanks!
Mark

#321439 - 08/04/08 08:29 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
I received an email from godaddy this morning. It appears for some reason they have me as the aministrative contact for the website. I'm forwarding the email to Adam to follow up.

#321440 - 08/04/08 08:38 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tain't that interesting? I don't know where they would have gotten info for you from. The original URL Information possibly?

Anyways, I've been neglecting the site as of late, if I can I'll get some stuff done tonight.

Thanks for the patience.

#321441 - 08/04/08 04:38 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you go to update my profile, will you please use this format-
LINK TO OTHER SITE smile

#321442 - 08/04/08 08:29 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

G dan nice link i wounder what my truck would look like next to yours :p

#321443 - 29/04/08 06:55 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I have everything done, but myself as I just didn't have enough time and Randy who is still a work in progress on his X.

After putting it all in Frontpage, it is much easier to update, so if no one has anything to add/correct, I'll delete this thread.

BTW - Did I say the Gallery is back up? laugh

#321444 - 29/04/08 09:59 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Xtasy Offline

How/Why did I become a past member. [Crybaby] Am I a virgin again? Is it because I haven't paid my dues. I'll pay the next time I get with you guys.

#321445 - 29/04/08 10:16 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtasy:
How/Why did I become a past member. [Crybaby] Am I a virgin again? Is it because I haven't paid my dues. I'll pay the next time I get with you guys.
Geeze Tomas, nice to hear from you... [LOL] [Wave]

#321446 - 29/04/08 11:01 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Xtasy Offline

Yeah, I made my self a member again... Hey we just say you last year! I'm going to try hard to make Sadona night!

#321447 - 29/04/08 11:39 PM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Xtasy Offline

I also fixed the home page formating issues. It was very difficult to figure out what was out of wack. It changed a few other things but it looks much better. I have the original file if you don't like.

#321448 - 30/04/08 06:59 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks ok, but a little naked without the divider line.

I know the code looks horrible, one of my tasks to do.

Just put the original in format index_042908.htm and put in the Index_Old directory.

Thanks Tomas!

#321449 - 30/04/08 09:48 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
MadManX Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Adam... I know I mention this before, but if you need a hand sometime, building websites is how I pay for my truck. I'm not a big fan of PHP, but the CSS, javascripting, html... And all the other funness is a cake walk.

Or, if you want a few good tools to help out that are SO much better than FrontPage... And dare I say it... FREEEE. Some for developing in, some for debugging.

Though, because of the Frames, I still don't use our site. It also doesn't play well on my phone with the Frames either (nor does XOC, so I only go straight to the forum). I do have some javascript code around somewhere to help hide frames and IFrames so they look more like the hosting page. Though that won't help for on my phone (yes my phone has IE on it :p )

Anyways... Here to help... Great work still BTW.

And as soon as my parts finally show up I'll get you my profile (radflow fabbed the wrong shock, and the leafs are still being batched, and now my front coils are being serviced).

Does the Frontier count? It was built by members laugh

-MadManX
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders

#321450 - 30/04/08 09:58 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the praise. I only dabble and volunteered to do it. Just never ends. I like helping though.

As far as the scripting, we do have one Java script, I assume it is for the buttons. I agree there are better options then Frontpage, but because it is a Microsoft program that anyone with office may have, I thought it would be more compatible with having more than one person working on the site. Godaddy has (at least on our account level) some severe restrictions to FTP sessions. Probably around 3 at a time which really hampers my ability. I used to use Coffeecup which was nice, but I could never get the FTP part to work consistently.

I only have so much time and unfortunately it always seems to be less. Last night it took me several hours to setup Joannie with her stay-at-home job. Took forever to get .net 2.0 framework installed and working. I can't imagine how the people with dialup are going to do it.

#321451 - 30/04/08 10:54 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great work, Adam. As always I appreciate it big time. [ThumbsUp]

How do I get an account to upload photos?

#321452 - 30/04/08 11:10 AM Re: Website Updates, Member Profiles, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Great work, Adam. As always I appreciate it big time. [ThumbsUp]

How do I get an account to upload photos?
Send me a PM with what you want your password to be. You can change it later. I just need one to setup your account and don't want to post it to the world. T-Ray will be your login name, if I can use the dash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal